1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Def and general setup.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by S_K, Nov 25, 2007.

1. S_K

S_K Member

This is really a stupid question but I don't know the answer.

I've got the Coolsat 6000P and I'm trying to figure out the best way to connect it to my LCD HD TV.

I've got the Coax from the sat to the receiver and from the receiver to the TV. But the coolsat also has the component RCA outputs y/Pb/Pr and and Composite Video and Audio RCA outputs and it works with all of them on and it works with just the coax connected.

If you use the component cables do you still connect the composite video? Or do you connect the Composite and Component and disconnect the coax?

So which should be connected and which do not need to be connected?

Also since the Receiver has the Composite cable connections does that mean it can get HD Channels if not what does it do. Just better video quality?

Last question... If the 6000P does not get HD then to get it I would have to get a newer receiver that does get HD but do you need a special LNB to get those channels from Dish? Do you need a lager dish?

Thank you for your time if you choose to answer.

2. S_K

S_K Member

Also since the Receiver has the Component cable connections does that mean it can get HD Channels if not what does it do. Just better video quality?