1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Def DVD Viewing - LGBH100 vs. XboX 360 & Playstation 3 ?

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by brian_wbr, Jan 24, 2007.

1. brian_wbr

brian_wbr Member

<i've posted this in the Blueray section too, because it seems to apply to both...>

I've been beating myself up over this and wanted to create a post just to get some feedback from you guys!

I've reserved the new LG BH100 player that's to be released February 1st, 2007. As you know this is the first consumer set-top DVD unit that will play both Blueray and HD-DVDs. It's been getting pretty good reviews but it costs 1,200 US dollars!

I'm wondering if it would be smater to buy an Xbox 360 (400 dollars) with a HD-DVD upgrade (200 dollars) and a Playstation 3 (600 dollars) which would cost about the same amount? I'm not a huge gamer but it seems like I'd be getting more and would have the option to play games. There would be 3 components instead of one, but that's not a huge deal to me.

My biggest question is how reliable these gaming systems are at playing the high definiton dvds. You'd be using them like regular set-top players. There was not a ton of information on the BH100 either, since it's new and no one has actually used it yet.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Mather

Mather Regular member

If i were you, i would get both the 360 & PS3 bcuz why limit urself to ONLY watching the movies. when it cost just about the same, AND you can play games, and probably even more.
    even if ur not the biggest gamer in the world, but u still play them.