1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High quality Dvd Covers

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by vietscong, May 25, 2007.

1. vietscong

vietscong Member

Hi

Does anyone know where i can found high-quality covers (+ 1 mg)???
    I' ve been looking on the net , but i only found payin forums and one or two on the emule..
    Thanks in advance
    (I'm mostly looking for tv shows covers).

2. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

freecovers.net

I subscribe to hirescovers.net and generetic.org as well...

3. vietscong

vietscong Member

Thanks for the info , but for downlading this high quality covers you got to pay a fee ???!!!
    Do you know if there's any site really free ???
    Thanks

4. howells

howells Member

try using www.cdcovers.cc

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I recently joined hirescover.net, paid their $10 fee to download their high resolution covers and here is my opinion........ After thousands of burns and printing on DVDs I have come to the conclusion that might disturb many from their concepts of high resolution printing on DVDs. I used to get all my all my covers that I didn't scan from Cdcovers.net and they came out good! My scanned covers come out good too. And then I tried out HiResCovers.net, as recommended by others in the forums. IMHO, due to the DVD texture of printables, you really can't notice too much of a difference between Cdcovers.net and HiResCovers.net or my scanning of the original cover of the DVD movies and then printed onto the DVD! Now I have used Glossy Water Shield Taiyo Yuden, Hub printable Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim, Silver printables from Taiyo Yuden and I tried scanned images at 600 resolution, covers from CDcovers.net and HiResCovers.net and I seldom see any difference at all due to the texture of the covers of the DVD itself! The scanned images of the original DVD to Glossy Water Shield Taiyo Yuden are the best image quality I can get and there I see no diff with the high resolution covers from HiResCovers.net. I'm sorry to burst someone's bubble or the popular conceptions of DVD printing... but this is my opinion and I have thousands of prints to back me up! I would rather download a custom cover from CdCovers.net than to pay $10.00 for the privilege to download a high resolution cover from HiResCovers.net. Free is better than costing money! And the difference in quality is sooooo small that you would have to take a magnifying glass to see any difference if any! Again..... JUST MY OPINION...... take it or leave it. Don't want to start any arguments at all. But I must say..... the $10.00 I spent on HiResCovers.net.... was worth the custom DVD labels you find there! Very nice custom labels so I do give it the heads up on that and I do use them when I don't like the original DVD cover to scan! I also search the other web site, too and take my pick on which custom DVD cover to use.... but most of the time, HiResCovers win out on custom labels!

7. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

As far as LABELS go, that is true (negligible discernible difference between scan and custom). But as far as COVERS are concerned, you can definitely tell the difference in quality!!! Don't get me wrong, there are some acceptable quality covers at both freecovers.net and cdcovers.cc, but, generally, hirescovers.net really outshines them. Generetic.org has some awesome covers, but the selection is a lot more limited. Once again, I am referring to COVERS, not LABELS...

EDIT: Thought I might mention that when I say labels, I am referring to images for printable DVDs (as in Ihoe's post). I wouldn't advocate using adhesive labels. When I say covers, I am referring to images for standard DVD cases....

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  8. vietscong

vietscong Member

Thanks Guys !!