1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High school coach needs help on closing software

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by COACHJJ, Feb 5, 2005.

1. COACHJJ

COACHJJ Member

I film football games for my high school using the sony cam that records on mini dvd discs.
    It's time to make a highlight dvd.
    I have Pinacle 9.0 and a sony vaio computer with a dvd burner.
    Pinacle will not accept my input from the dvd. I guess it uses a mini dv tape format.
    I would like to be able to import my games using the dvd drive on my computer, edit the games and export the finished product onto a dvd-r disc.
    I can figure out how to use the software....but which software do I use? Thanks in advance.

2. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

I like Ulead Videostudio 8. Simple but powerful.

3. COACHJJ

COACHJJ Member

Thanks for responding.
    Does Ulead capture directly from a dvd or is it like Studio 9 and caputers from a mini dv tape connected via firewire and camcorder?

4. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

ulead video studio is a great program for this you can cut out the clips you want and then add them together and add music , text and many more options. to get the movie on the harddrive you should be able to use nero it has an option to capture video from a camcorder.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

what format are the films in?

mpeg2 avi etc etc...

6. COACHJJ

COACHJJ Member

7. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

if they are.vob files you cant use ulead video studio you will need to use nero vission express. there you can add files that it supports witch .vob is one that is does then click on the file you added and click edit and there you can cut out parts you dont want and add the files you want together and burn to dvd all from there.

8. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

I Use Sonic MyDVD came with ShowBiz for editing. Simple Works Great I've Got Sony Digital 8 Via Firewire and Satalite,VCR via VIVO Gforce video card XFX FX5900 256MB. Simple process for video capture. Makes DVD's(mpeg2) and VCD's(mpeg1). This program came with my fist sony burner DRU510A. Most new drives today slacking on software. New drive sony DRU710A only came with Nero 6. Still experimenting with that one. I've also ran MGI Studio came with camcorder. It also puts it in DV format then you have serveral options to convert. Mydvd also offers diffrent compression recording qualitys 2hr to 6hr. I've done 6hr compression off satalite via s-video looked great.

Good Luck

Spacedust

9. elliott

elliott Regular member

I use Easy Media Creator 7 with Windows Movie Maker for maximum compatability but every one of the programs mentioned is good. There is an interesting article at pcmag.com by bill machrone that has sort of a tutorial on the whole thing sorry I didn't save the url but he makes sound so easy just time consuming so reserve an evening and be patient.