1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High School Research Paper!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Auslander, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

CRAP! I have another paper to write! i have 6 weeks to do it and it is worth 45% of my grade! i need at least 2000 words, lol. that's not that much, but i hate being told to write. that should be a fun time activity!

hehe, anyhoo, does anyone have any good ideas for a topic on a research paper? i'm thinking about doing something on the psychology of what makes anthropomorphic fans. you know, what experiences in life drive them to anthro art and wearing fursuits and what prejudic they suffer and the like.

but, i think the material i could use as a reference is sketchy. at this point, i call upon the gods of Afterdawn to enligten me with their wisdom! i will sacrifice my sister to you, oh mighty gods, for you to grant me a decent topic that isn't too overdone! please answer me, internet wizards!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i don't know if i want your sister going by what you look like at the bottom of your post, mangy mutt not even a true timber wolf. ok, what course are you taking, psychology or what, give us that info & we might give you an idea

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lol, mutts are loveable. remember Balto?

the class is Advanced Comp. damn high school. anyway, i was hoping people could just throw out maybe some interesting topics, seeing as i lack creativity ;)

4. ddp

advanced comp. is it advanced computers???? if so how evolution of the computer from the abbacas of ancient times to todays computers or the history of the internet

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lol, nope. it's advanced composition, sorry. but i do like the computers idea. something along those lines might be fun.

6. ddp

one of my classmates in english class at devry institute for technology did his presentation on the word(excuse my language everybody) "fusk" for a whole half hour. a first we thought he was going to back out from doing that so needless to say we roared out laughing when he started doing his presentation on that word

7. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

If you want to do a reaserch paper , choose a productive company. Usually most promanent companies got endless infromation on the web. You will have so much info they wont even noticed if you copied certain topics word for word.

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

well, i've been doing some research and at the moment the tentative topic is the psychology of serial killers. what do you all think?

9. ddp

well you've had lots of them in the states compared to here in Canada. thing to remember is 2000+ words, you could end up doing a book on it. my youngest sister did a presentation/report on the royal family of england & i think it was about 165 pages when she was grade6/7

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lol, i think i can do a good job at it. i looked through about 4 or 5 previously done essays on them written over the past 20 years and i think i'll do okay. i have until monday to think of a better one, but this might be it.

11. regor

regor Regular member

I'm here to tell you, in fact, the only reason I am here is to tell you that you should do your paper on 'corn'...

What better subject than corn?

Think about the possibilities... Corn has a long history. You could go back to early america; you could cover popcorn; corn-cob-pipes; sweet corn; white corn; yellow corn; corn husks; pig slop; creamed corn... you could even go into inefficiencies of the human digestive system and speak to poopie corn. You could talk to corn tortilla's and how they are made; the many uses of corn husks (tamale), or for that matter football (huskers) (university of Nebraska, you know?). Movies even (children of the corn). Music (KORN) - ok maybe not music.

I'm saying the possibilities are near endless.

Glad to have helped. Hope you get a decent grade.

rdrr

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lol, thanks. if it wasn't too late to change my topic, i would have used that one. it may make an interesting topic for the paper i write next semester, however. good idea!

13. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

damn why are you getting started so early. i usually start papers like that at about 10 o clock the night before its due =)

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lol, believe my, i would have, but i have to have sections done and turned in at different points. coming up with 50 notecards hasn't been too easy. i have 30 at the moment and i have until monday.

15. SoufSide

SoufSide Guest

Rofl on the corn idea [bold]regor[/bold]. Would be intresting in a strange way to see research on corn streched into a final paper. You say you start your papers at 10 the night before [bold]nelswick[/bold], im with you on that in fact i usually procrastinate and start a little closer too midnight. For some reason i do my best work when im put under pressure and given a deadline.

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

update: i'm turning in the final paper this friday. wish me luck. with good fortune, i'll have 14% extra credit on top of my grade.

17. regor

regor Regular member

you would'uv gotten, Auslander, a minimum 15% if you'd done your paper on 'corn'.... alas, we learn and learn, and then we learn some more....

Hi there SoufSide... for what it's worth I too seem to work at my best when I have a discrete timeline/deadline.... funny how some not only thrive but succeed in that 'pressure' scenario.

Best

18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You should have written it on my baloney tits.

Rage, Rage into that good baloney tit..........

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

*gurgle* i think i'm sick today...damn cold season...

20. ddp

always knew you were sick in the head