1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

higher speed backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by paddymail, Apr 4, 2005.

1. paddymail

paddymail Regular member

Hi, I'm pretty new to backing up ps2 dvd discs, only about a month now. But I discovered by just playing around, that on my PAL ps2 version 4 with fliptop and running swapmagic version 3.3,it works best to burn my backup discs at around 8 x.
    I did what most people on here say at first and burned them at 1 or 2 x, but often I would get faults like jerky playback of cgi and I found that it took a while to load some games too, much slower than the original. Below is how I overcame these problems :-

I am running windows xp pro with an amd sempron 2400+, with 1gb ddr400 ram and a SATA maxtor 160gb hdd.

use dvddecrypter to copy the iso to your hdd.
    usually I try a straight iso image burn from that file using Nero at 8x... has worked for me almost all games i've backed up.
    have also got brilliant backups of mercenaries at 8x too... just like the original, no slow startups etc...
    did this using dvddecrypter, isobuster and dvdgen to rebuild the dvd... won't bore you with details as it says all about this in other parts of the forum.

just wanted to let some of you guys out there having problems with jerky playback etc to try burning at a higher speed.