1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 0078fk - freezing problems during flashing

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by PastorT, Jul 14, 2007.

1. PastorT

PastorT Member

aight, Ive got a problem here, I use VIA VT6421A to try and recognize my 0078fk drive, and it does, but it just says "Rom set to RAID. No Raid Detected HL-bla bla bla (the 0078fk drive)" but then Yellow Text saying something like "For LInux you cannot use OROM EEPROM something something :p" and it just freezes.. this is REALLYY bugging me..

and tbh, Ive never needed VT 6421A before I moved my computer and formatted it, before Ive just used the included SATA card thats integrated in my MOBO.. my mobo is a Asrock 939/SATA2, and has two different Sata controllers..

JMicro and ULi controllers.. and the perfect thing is that I could just use the JMicro for MTKFLASH for MS-25 and MS-28 and the ULi for all old Hitachi's + the 0078fk drive,
    but after I formatted my computer, installed XP over again and the Firmware Toolbox from Maximus, all it does is FREEZE my computer when I try to "Raw Dump" the firmware...

I would really much like to just have it like it used to be, or somehow fix the VIA Sata card I just bought..

can anyone PLEASE help me? this is really annoying, got 2 customers waiting for their xboxes, and Ive just postponded it a week now, trying to figure this out.. which is really annoying, as I used to just take 15 minutes flashing 0078fk for em before =/

2. PastorT

PastorT Member

someone please help me? I have to deliever those two xbox 360 consoles in 3 hours :p and still havent found a solution

3. PastorT

PastorT Member

nvm, I uninstalled the sata driver for windows, and reinstalled it, then it worked.. but I still didnt get the VIA card to detect the 0078fk drive properly

4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

It sounds like there may be a conflict with RAID on your MOBO. Maybe try turning it off in the BIOS and see what happens.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007