1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 078 / garyopa problem.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by smileyjim, Sep 19, 2007.

1. smileyjim

smileyjim Regular member

Hi guys.
    I tried and failed at flashing a hitachi 0078 drive today and wondered if someone could help me please.

I got the drive into mode b with slax cd,
    Got windows to recognize the drive as E
    I opened the command prompt in the correct way to flash with garyopa 2.3
    i followed the procedure but it said one of 3 things was wrong .
    Also the hitachi drive wouldnt stay closed.
    i have flashed a hitachi 46 drive before using this method with no problems.
    I researched and found something about putting a dvd/original game in drive and hitting the eject button 3 times..although this wasn't when flashing with the garyopa firmware...
    I decided not to put a disc in incase i bricked the drive , thinking it would be best to consult you guys and wait for your advice as i have been helped by people in here lots of times before..
    Can anyone help me please?

2. budro

budro Regular member

ok, for some reason you cannot flash a 78 normally, you have to do it with FW toolbox 4 (even for old firmware like yours, to the best of my knowledge.

yes, hitting the eject button 3 times keeps the drive closed. you'll need a disc in it though. i don't believe there's much of a chance of bricking, so i wouldn't worry.

3. smileyjim

smileyjim Regular member

thanks very much budro. the reason i want to update with old firmware is because my backups(of originals i own)are all old and not stealth patched, if i update to the latest firmware i doubt any of them will work.
    I have no intention of playing online anyway.
    thanks mate for your help.

4. budro

budro Regular member

no problem, lemme know how it goes m8