1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 1.51 do I need to update?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by breno1, Jun 18, 2011.

1. breno1

breno1 Member

Hi just wondering if I need to update to play the latest games. My console is banned. I can play Duke Nukem Forever on it so does that mean im sweet?
    Thank you

2. dagdaniel

dagdaniel Regular member

3. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

if all the games play; no need to update. but as soon as you update the dashboard, you will get stock firmware back. so then you need to reflash anyways, then i would suggest to go to the latest cfw. but you are banned already, so go for the fw. that has the best game compatibility (some hitachi's do ap2.5 checking; so not sure if old backups will boot with the new fw that do not pass the ap2.5 check).

4. coorva

coorva Regular member

i think when you update hitachi drives do not get flashed,not 100% sure on that,but you might be one of the lucky ones if this does not happen,,i know sammys dont

5. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

If he wants to play on the current dash, he will need to update

6. neil0129

neil0129 Member

coorva, i think when you update hitachi drives do not get flashed,not 100% sure on that,but you might be one of the lucky ones if this does not happen,,i know sammys dont

Are you saying sammys dont get flashed when updating to latest dash?, i have a sammy with kinnect dash on it, if i update will it still work for back ups?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011