1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hitachi 47d swap for samsung ms25

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by coryjb69, Jan 10, 2007.

1. coryjb69

coryjb69 Member

I have a Hitachi 47d flashed with stealth 2.3 i get a lot of open tray before i get my games to boot.(using pioneer 111d and verbatim dvd+r dl)I would like to switch my drive to a samsung ms25 i have the dive just unsure of what i need to do to switch them. can someone please help me?

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Have you tried burning at 4x first?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  3. coryjb69

coryjb69 Member

no only 2.4x should i try 4x i thought the slower the better??

4. coryjb69

coryjb69 Member

tried @ 4x with verbatim dvd+r dl still have the same problem games work but have to keep ejecting to get to boot any ideas??

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

4x is a good speed to burn at. My friend was getting the ote on a brand new sam 360 I flashed for him. Reburnt some 2.4's at 4x and he hasn't had a prob since.

Have you tried the "rubberband" fix?

Sorry if it seems like I'm sending you on a wild goose chase. Just figured I'd suggest all the easy fixes before you swap out drives. Some have also reported luck using something other than Verbs.

6. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i know, everyone one here always says use verbatims and pioneer but this is a crock, i understand people have had success with it, but i use a lg burner with memorex, i have had my backups for like 7 or 8 months now too so don't try saying there gonna stop working either. just use whatever works for ya, and let people on here know how it went.

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Honestly, you're right. Anymore it seems to be a crap-shoot if a no-name brand will work or not. There are many threads here in which someones burning problems were simply solved by switching media.

Just be careful, though, as there are some really crappy dl's out there. You're best bet would be if you find some you're interested in trying, come back here and ask first.

@coryjb69.... see if this helps:
    http://utterchaosx.blogspot.com/2006/07/running-hitachi-in-another-360.html

8. coryjb69

coryjb69 Member

Yesterday I had my wife try a game @ 4x (mistake) she said it kept saying unplayable disk but when I got home it read every game I have burnt @ 4x perfectly no re-boot or anything. its perfect from dashboard or power off. thank you for all the help everyone.

Also, I have now done several hitachi's and Samsungs that are all flawless. Should I post step by step on how I did each since they were all slightly different then what i was instructed to. Or do you think there is enough tutorials out there?

9. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

if you want to write something about the ms28 go ahead, because i'm still having problems.

10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Glad to hear the faster burning solved your problems. Plus it'll cut 20 minutes off your burning time. A win-win situation.