1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 51F500 screen aspects?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by zombieman, Feb 27, 2005.

1. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

I just purchaseed a 51inch. widescreen tv the other day. Im not really fimiliar with all the aspect ratios but it is really driving my wife crazy. I understand the basic principles of the 3:2 and 16:9 ratios, and why there are borders on the sides of the 3:2 ratio. However, when watching widescreen dvd's in the 16:9 standard mode there still appears to be stretching on the sides. Is there something im missing is the tv settings that will correct this? Some movies dont appear to be as bad as others, but its still there. Also as far as tv viewing of 3:2 ratio tv programs in widescreen mode does the same thing. I understand why this would be, but at the tv store none of the tv's did this while viewing cable or satelite channels. It seemed all the channels appeared smooth with no stretching. Thanks.

2. 222333444

222333444 Member

I have a similiar unit. Try hiting the action button on your remote and then #8 or Crp/LBX/Full to toggle between aspects. You basically have Regular, Crop, and Stretch.

3. 222333444

222333444 Member

Sorry that was for my DirecTv remote. Its hard to tell them apart. On your Hitachi remote use the aspect button.