1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 78 flashing problem, any help is nice.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Rungz, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Rungz

Rungz Member

My buddy and I just recently flashed my Hitachi 78 drive and everything seemed to be going good. I disconnected it from the current monitor and put it all back together, later when I reconnected it it gets caught up on the 360 logo screen. When I turn it on, the screen will start doing its animation, but it will just restart itself and sit there in a loop doing the same thing. I don't get any red ring of death, or even freezing... just this loop. Any ideas on where to go next?

2. budro

budro Regular member

Ok, restore and reflash. that should help. if you get the same prob, odds are something else got messed up one way or another (beit by pure coincidence or some freak accident)

3. Rungz

Rungz Member

Alright, well I reflahed and it worked just fine. I could even play my backups! BUT I ran into another problem, now backups and original discs alike all freeze up after 10-15 minutes of play? Any idea on how to fix this? It is obviously something with the drive.

4. budro

budro Regular member

what firmware are you flashing it with, and how are you flashing it? what hardware are you using to flash it?

5. Rungz

Rungz Member

Well I tried it again, and this time achieved my goal. I dumped the firmware back to original and got a different version of the firmware and now it works wonderful. :D Thanks for the help.

6. budro

budro Regular member

no problem, glad it worked out for ya :D