1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 79 w/LT 2.0b

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by JWrizzle, Feb 29, 2012.

1. JWrizzle

JWrizzle Member

Do I need to burn my games differently for my Hitachi 79 w/LT 2.0b than the way I burn them for my phat Lite-On 74580 (ihas 124b, BurnerMax, run though abgx, Verbatims, 4x speed...)? The reason I ask is because I still get the "disk is not supported" error on disks that work on my Lite-On drive XBOX

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

what dash are you running? You need 3.0 LT which isnt't out and should be burning with Imax FW

3. JWrizzle

JWrizzle Member

I'm running the current dash. I am using burnermax with the correct verbatim disks. I have burned at least 50 good disks that work on my Lite-On drive. How should I be burning them until 3.0 is out then?

4. BillB

BillB Regular member

XGD3 and AP2.5 titles will not work on your drive's current firmware. You need to wait for LT3 to be released for your drive. You should still be able to play any non AP2.5 or non XGD3 backup for now. I know it sucks, but the hitachi drives are usually the last drives to get CFW. You could always buy an xk3y if you're in a rush to play on LIVE.

5. JWrizzle

JWrizzle Member

So basically, I have to use the truncate method until then?

6. MrGreaser

MrGreaser Regular member

I've seen from several sources that SOME Hitachi 79s do not perform disc checks. I would not bank on this however as you risk being flagged/banned. There are some lengthy tutorials out there that show you how to check whether or not your Hitachi does the checks.

I have a Hitachi 79 on 2.0b playing properly patched and burned games with the iHas Burner. XGD3 work just fine on/off XBOX Live and console appears to be flag free/clean. everything has been smooth since the release of 2.0b.... BUT, I am also a person willing to take the risk of getting banned as I have plenty of other consoles to to turn to in case I do. So, your mileage may vary.