1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi 79FL

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by zerubaba, Nov 25, 2007.

1. zerubaba

zerubaba Member

I've spent a few days looking and I just want to double check that the 79FL is still not able to be flashed? I've got the arcade 360 with hdmi and a 10/07 mfg date if that matters at all.

2. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

What? Last I knew all drives were able to be flashed... damnit this is really bad news for me, since I also have a xbox from last month, and i opened the drive last night to find it fits the description of a hitachi. Ah crap.

3. zerubaba

zerubaba Member

After reading a bit more, I found that the latest 79FL hitachi drives are only able to be flashed by doing the wire trick or getting a maximus passkey mod chip to put the 360 into mode b. Well im not doing any of that crap, so I spose ill just have to wait till they find the exploit to do a normal flash through the sata connector.

correct me if im wrong, or when the exploit is out!

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

The wire trick doesn't work on the 0079FL. or FK for that matter.

5. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Ugh... Im about sure that since my system was made last month, and has a hitachi drive, that its got this damn drive. Crap, that was the one thing that made me happy about getting a xbox360... that I didnt have to solder a damn thing... damnit.

6. rxpc

rxpc Member

Yep, I have the Hitachi 79fl drive in my new Elite. And I now have the NME V2.0 chip. I've been waiting, but I tired of waiting, so I'm guessing right after I install NME chip, a firmware release will come out for the 79fl drive.