1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi Connection

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jontracey, Apr 30, 2007.

1. jontracey

jontracey Guest

I've been having trouble deciding what to purchase. I am going to buy some croc clips and Verbatium DVD+DL's for sure.I will buy a SATA cable unless it comes with a SATA card I will buy. Now I'm having trouble with two things I need to buy, a SATA card and the connectivity kit.

My DVD drive is a Hitachi. I have PCI ports on my computer. I was wondering, what is the best SATA card to buy for the flashing of the drive?

Is the connectivity kit worth buying? Does it ensure no fatal error?

Thanks for the help.

2. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

if u have a hitachi drive not the dreaded 0078k i think it is but any other such as 47 59d then u can buy the x360 usb adapter far less hassle and it works no need for crocodile clips just take out ur drive from ur xbox and leave the rest of the xbox in ur bedroom u only need the drive it is a very simple set up it come with connectivity kit v2 so u can get ur drive into mode b

3. theridges

theridges Guest

4. jontracey

jontracey Guest

Thanks for the info. Just to bring up another topic, I heard the cross-wire method is easy. When I looked up the tutorial, it looked very complicated. Is it easy but needs to be explained better? Is it worth a shot? What's your opinion?

5. jontracey

jontracey Guest

Also, going back to the USB Adaptor, does this allow you to flash your drive from your computer without a SATA card? How do you connect it to your computer using the connectivity kit?

I'm trying to post an image. I hope it works.
    [​IMG]

6. theridges

theridges Guest

yes the 360usb lets you flash the hitachi 46,47 and 59 without using a Sata Cable....
    here is a pic i took and labled
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2007
  7. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

basically it a simple procedure
    open up ur xbox 360 and disconnect the two plugs in the bak of the hitachi drive and take the drive out and leave ur xbox where u want lol as u wont need it only the hitachi drive
    now the connectivity kit goes onto the back of the hitachi drive u just stick it on u can take it off later now u will get all the bits and bobs with but basicall its a plug from the connectivity kit that goes into the back of the hitachi drive and thats it and ur x360usb has a sata cable coming out of it and that goes into the hitchi drive and the usb wire into any usb slot u have free on ur comp
    connectivity kit just to get drive into mode b and x360 means u wont need to have any sata card on ur comp just plug it into ur usb slot on ur comp and thats it

8. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

oops i did miss the molex connector which the ridges has a good diagram of
    now the molex connector is just a spare power supply in ur pc just pop off the side case to ur pc and u shuld have one free its just basically the same power supply plug u wuld put into any new drive u might want to add to ur desktop thats it

i might have confused u but trust me its really easy and if u nned help theirs great tutorials on here and me too and others that will help u

9. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

basically the only thing coming out of ur comp is the molex connector and nothing else and the only thing u connecting to ur computer is the usb wire coming out of the x360usb adapter and thats

10. jontracey

jontracey Guest

I do not understand. Is the "power into drive" connected with the connectivity kit when you buy it. Where do you get the "power from pc"? Where is that in your computer's hard drive?

11. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

thats a real good pic ridge shows how easy it really is
    and when connecting up the connectivity kit just be careful to get all the plugs in the right way i mean u only have to look at em to know what goes in where and which way
    all u need to flash a hitachi drive well the ones mentioned earlier is patience and a lil bit of common sense and u can do it

12. theridges

theridges Guest

the power into drive plug goes into the back of your hitachi to give the drive power,and yes it comes with the connectivity kit..everything in the picture comes with the connectivity kit except the molex power which comes from the PC :)

and the power from PC come from inside of your pc just pop open the side and im sure you have extra Molex Connectors :)

Pic from my pc(dont mind that Sata Cable its in there for when i flash Sammy Drives)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2007
  13. jontracey

jontracey Guest

I got all the info I need. I'll see if it works.
    Thanks

14. theridges

theridges Guest

if you need anything else just ask....

15. jontracey

jontracey Guest

I've just came up with a new question. Will this flash allow you to read all back ups of all games?

16. theridges

theridges Guest

only xbox 360/xbox 1 games and the xbox 1 games have to be burned to dual layer disc's...

17. monkijin

monkijin Regular member

360 USB AND GARYOPA FIRMWARE IS WELL WORTH IT DONE MINE YESTERDAY AND WELL WORTH THE MONEY SPENT.
    WENT OT PC WORLD TO BUY SOME DUAL LAYER DISCS SPENT WELL OVER THE ODDS TO BUY BUT THE BACKUPS WORK FLAWLESS AND I FEEL WELL CHUFFED.

18. jontracey

jontracey Guest

Back to buying the usb adapter. Do you know a place that sells it but also accepts paypal?

19. monkijin

monkijin Regular member

i got mine from fleebay but if you are in the uk then pm me i may be able to help you.
    ..........dave

20. jontracey

jontracey Guest

fleebay???
    Don't you mean Ebay?

fleebay is not a site.