1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi Drive, JF , Just need drive key, pissin me off

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by CartelliR, Dec 20, 2012.

1. CartelliR

CartelliR Member

So the drive is a 79 i believe, hitachi, and i cant get into mode b, hell i cant get it to let me choose mode B.
    got the sata connection in lowest number, all intruding programs shut down, everything i can think of and it just wont work. the pictures show where im stuck. help is appreciated and thank you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. CartelliR

CartelliR Member

Alright was thinking that its recognizes my computer hd. And not the hitachi drive
    So what am i doing wrong. Done this before. Dont have a via chipship just onboard sata ports
    Can buy a via from best buy if i have too
    Any suggestions

4. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

on jf u need to scroll down to your drive,your reading your hd on jf not the xbox drive,plus u need the unlock cd also for that drive

5. CartelliR

CartelliR Member

aint flashed anything in 2 years and that was a benq, guess ima do this unlock crap now lol

6. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

yep you need to look for pslax a slax linux version which sends the modeb command to your drive.

After the modeb is set in linux, reboot to windows and use jungleflasher to flash your drive.
    I have done 1 in the past.

7. user473

user473 Regular member

the only way i could get the 79 flashed was by using the ck3.i dont believe it will work if your using your xbox to power the drive .

8. dharmin_9

dharmin_9 Member

I think you can use xbxo360 to power the drive and you can put your drive onto mode b. There is a trick explain in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNO55iC17Bc

9. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

my question would be did you follow the tutorial in jf and do exactly what it said? hitachi drives can be a pain but if you follow the guide exactly it will work! and yes you need the unlock cd to get it into mode b!