1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Hitachi Drive Xbox 360 laser

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by kota ko, Apr 25, 2016.

1. kota ko

kota ko Newbie

So I've been havin the disc nonreadable error and I've opened up my xbox and I was trying to replace my laser I ended up unscrewing the CD disc spinning thing and two black mini springs fell out idk where they belong cause idk where it came from so I ended up replacing the laser w a fresh one not brand new But fresh and I threw the springs into the closest thing I felt like they belong at but now my laser won't move back and forth to read the disc and it's a sound when the cd spins that makes it wobble/knocks it up while spinning ... any help?

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

I guess the black mini springs (and maybe whatever else fell out of that drive with them) are not in the right place.

3. kota ko

kota ko Newbie

Only the black mini springs fell out and I tried to put em in the best reasonable place I can find

4. kota ko

kota ko Newbie

Any help on thisb

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Here you can atleast check how it's supposted to look like:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_4iHYpePAM

You might have also f***ed up the whole drive synchronization (when the tray goes out, the laser is lowered, and so on), which is just a pain to fix. Not really worth it on an old Phat Hitachi drive version, either get a Hitachi Xbox 360 with RROD and use that drive (considering how easy they RRODed finding one shouldn't be too hard), that way you'll just have to swap the driveboards, or get another used Xbox 360 alltogether (considering the RROD risk on an old Phat version, maybe the better option), Xbox 360 Slims used cost around 40 $.

6. kota ko

kota ko Newbie

Thanks bro but Ima order a new hitachi drive and switch the motherboards so I won't have to flash it