1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi DV-PF2E

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Jono_d, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Jono_d

Jono_d Guest

I've got a Hitachi DV-PF2E dvd/video combi and ive recently started getting VCD movies however i am unable to play them on my player. I know there are codes available to allow players to become multi-region and play VCD's but i have been unable to find them for my model. Does any1 know if there are codes available for my player or does any1 actually know these codes. Thanx

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Makeing a DVD Player Multi-Region does NOT make it Play VCD"s it just makes it so the DVD Player can Play DVD"s from other Regions like Europe, China, Austrailia ECT...There is Nothing you can do to your DVD Player to make it Play VCD"s accept maybe a Firmware Upgrade which will be hard to find for your Player especially one that Makes it play VCD"s cuz I just checked...
    You can Burn VCD movies to DVD and watch them that way if you want and you can get up to 6 VCD"s on a Single DVD-R.....Cheers