1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi DZ-MV200&making movies

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Corryn, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Corryn

Corryn Member

Hello,
    I've been browsing and searching and cannot find anything relating to my video camera, which is the above mentioned Hitachi DZ-MV200. I purchased it three years ago this month. It was the newest camera on the market and the salesman definitely puffed his goods. I love it, but I can only playback using the video cables that it came with and I hook those up to the television. I cannot use it on my dvd player, even though he said I could, and I've tried using both types of mini dvd's.

My question:
    I have volunteered to make the Fifth Grade Video (DVD) which will be distributed at the end of the year. I have been using my Hitachi to take video of the kids, and I'm supposed to compile all this wonderful footage into a dvd and give it to the fifth grade graduates at the end of the year. My girlfriend did the fifth grade video this past June, but she didn't use video footage, just stills. I want to use video footage for this years' video.

The camera did not come with any sort of hook up or software for the computer. The salesman, Louie, said I had to purchase it separately. But he also didn't have any to sell me. I did purchase a USB cable to hook up to my computer, though through ebay.

One of my friends suggested I use this software program called Muvee. It's a free download, but I was going to purchase the whole package for $70. It looks great and it says it is the easiest movie making software available.
    I've gone to the Hitachi site, but they've left the MV200 high and dry. I cannot find any infomation on it, not even the users manual (which I left at Disney World)

So my question is, does anyone have any suggestions?
    Please don't tell me to buy a new camcorder :) I would LOVE to, but my husband won't let me!
    Thanks!
    Corryn :D

2. geah

geah Member

How old and what model is your DVD player? I would first check and see if the player itself is the problem. You can check your dvd compatibility at www.dvdrhelp.com. Are you finalizing the disks before attempting to watch them? I have the the mv380a and I have to finalize my write once disks before watching them. I think that mine saves them in *.vor format on the dvd ram. Do you have a DVD Drive in computer that you can try to read the disks from? It sounds like your dvd player is either too old or not compatible or you are not finalizing just from the info you have given.