1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi firmware?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by air360, Nov 11, 2007.

1. air360

air360 Member

I flashed my Hitachi drive a long time ago and it was working well for awhile. Now im getting constant open tray errors with it. I thought about updating firmware for it but I have a few problems.

1) I dont remember which firmware I originally flashed with. How can I find this out

2) Do i need to take the drive and put it back into a PC and all that like when originally flashed or can it be flashed now differently since its already got flashed firmware on it

3) If i am able to update...can I switch the kinda of firmware that is on there...im not sure if I have the xtreme or not but it seems to be the most popular so I suppose i should try and put it on there.

Thanks yall

2. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

you dont need to know what your firmware is if you have an Hitachi. Flashing will reverse to original. Yes sorry you're going to have to open and hook it up all over agian. I know it's a pain. The open tray message can be firmware or other possibilites

1. Firmware is old
    2. Laser is getting old (extremely commmon on using anything but verbatims to backup your games).
    3. Laser moves to far in to read from disc. try to lookup on google opentray fix.

If I were you I would try step 1 then 3 then 2 just cause 2 actually costs something.

3. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

you dont need to know what your firmware is if you have an Hitachi. Flashing will reverse to original. Yes sorry you're going to have to open and hook it up all over agian. I know it's a pain. The open tray message can be firmware or other possibilites

1. Firmware is old
    2. Laser is getting old (extremely commmon on using anything but verbatims to backup your games).
    3. Laser moves to far in to read from disc. try to lookup on google opentray fix.

If I were you I would try step 1 then 3 then 2 just cause 2 actually costs something.