1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi FW78 help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by calxp1, Oct 6, 2007.

1. calxp1

calxp1 Guest

Can I use the C4EVA XTRM firmware for my drive by just running the flash17s.bat or do I have to do some other step as it is a 78FK drive?

2. budro

budro Regular member

i don't believe you can flash a 78 with C4E XTREME. you can flash it with ixtreme though (the most recent firmware) using the stickied tutorial

3. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

To flash the v78 you need to use firmware toolbox. Look for tutorials on how to do it and i also would reccommend get fw toolbox 4.0 as i tryed flashing a 78 the other day with v3.0 and got a runtime error in the process. 4.0 fixed it and flashed.

4. budro

budro Regular member

yup. you need FW toolbox 4, as other versions will not flash 78's or 79's

5. calxp1

calxp1 Guest

Ok I used the toolbox 3.1 because from what I understand the 4.0 flashes it with ixtreme and I just want xtreme because I don't have to patch the games. I don't care for xbox live. The thing is though that there is a toolbox 3.1 and 3.1b. I used the 3.1 to flash it and found out there is a 3.1b later. So my question now is, is there a point in doing everything over and putting the 3.1b or should I just keep the 3.1?

6. calxp1

calxp1 Guest

Meaning is there a big difference in the 3.1 toolbox and 3.1b toolbox that I should reflash for or should I just keep the 3.1 toolbox instead?

7. theridges

theridges Guest

nope no big difference...
    your cool

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2007