1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L Which Firmware?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by raid517, May 3, 2007.

1. raid517

raid517 Member

Hi, I have a Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L drive and I am a little confused by which firmware I should use for it?

I've been over to Xbins and there seems to be a few different versions.

I have already flashed a 360 with Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943 - which was relatively straightforward.

Is this drive likely to prove any more difficult?

I am not sure what kernel version this XBox is as I forgot to look before opening it - but as well as playing backed up games if possible I would like to install Linux on it too.

Given this, what is my best current option - and also does anyone have a link to a good/very easy to follow firmware flashing guide for this drive that I could follow?

Are there any special tools that I might need? I have already opened the XBox and removed the drive.

Thanks!

2. raid517

raid517 Member

BTW I have a v0078 of this drive.

3. JLF24

JLF24 Regular member

here you go... watch this video and it will show you everything you need..... v78 is actually the easiest to flash.. you need to get it into Mode B w/ Slax 2 and you use Maximus 360 Firmware Toolbox 3 to flash your drive (XBINS)

http://www.360mods.net/News/article/sid=87.html

Good Luck... Let me know how it turns out... JLF24

4. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

or check out the website in my signature it is very nice tutorial

5. raid517

raid517 Member

Hi, looking at the firmware over at Xbins I can see three firmware versions:

Maximus.Xtreme.1_6.for.Hitachi.v0078.rar

Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_3_Stealth_Rev2.rar

Birdy_Hitachi-LG_friendly_Flasher_v2.2_with_Xtreme_v1.3_and_2.0.rar

As for the utility you mentioned I can't see anything specifically by that name. But I can see something called:

360fwtoolbox_30.rar

Is that what you mean?

6. guyblack

guyblack Member

I Just flashed my v78 drive no problems at all.
    surprisingly didnt need anything from xbins.

Just use the slax cd to get to ModeB on your xboxcd rom with it connected to your computer...

Then reboot and run 360 Firmware Toolbox.

with 360 Firmware Toolbox you will backup your original firmware then patch it with a hacked firmware. 360 Firmware Toolbox already included the hacked firmware so no need to d/l one from xbins. i believe it is Xtreme 1.6 which is the same as the latest Garyopa.

Backed up 3 games so far and all play without problems on my 360 elite.

7. raid517

raid517 Member

Yeah, thanks for that, so the file I need specifically is:

360fwtoolbox_30.rar

Is this correct? I shouldn't need anything else?

8. raid517

raid517 Member

OK job done. Works like a treat.

It was a bit fiddly is all I guess, but thankfully that video was very clear.

Now the question is does anyone in the UK want to buy a 100% working firmware flashed XBox 360?

I flashed the drive purely ro enhance it's saleability - unfortunately eBay doesn't smile too favourably on this kind of thing and they removed my listing.

I know it might seem odd having just done this - but this is my second Xbox and my second firmware flash, both of which have been fully successful - and I really want the cash to put towards a Nokia 95 phone instead.

Is there anywhere in the UK I could reliably sell stuff like this without getting too much greif for it?

9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I actually hate when people don't know what they're doing.. get help... and then try to profit off of it. You can not sell your 360 HERE or on ebay. Try craigslist..

But I do wish the 3 red rings of death upon you.

10. raid517

raid517 Member

What you mean no one has ever sold a hacked XBox 360 before? And none of those who have have ever asked for any help during the hacking process? Is there some kind of uber weird moral code that says they shouldn't be sold?

You are being very silly.

I have another hacked XBox that I'm not selling and I had to ask for some help on how to mod the firmware on that too. (As I imagine do most people who do this at some point or other).

Does that make me only half a bad sort - or am I still a thoroughly all round bad egg?

Did you ever feel the need to ask for help when hacking your XBox? (Maybe you didn't and lucked out in finding good info on various forums - but nonetheless I would bet if you did get stuck you might have asked). Have you ruled out completely and forever even the vague possibility that you might sell your Xbox? No? Thought not.

Anyway I do appreciate the help. I don;'t take it for granted. But at the end of the day it is my property, something I worked for and spent my own hard earned money buying. So what I do or do not do with it isn't much of anyone else's affair.

Lol well anyway now I got that off my chest, thanks for the suggestion. I don't think Craigslist exists in the UK though, although I may be wrong.