1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi LG GDR3120L question on malfunction...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by stellar20, Jan 18, 2012.

1. stellar20

stellar20 Regular member

last night i wanted to play on my 360, i inserted my game disk it gave me a "this disk is dirty" so i was ok let me clean the disk inserted it again and nothing i tried other games with no results same thing or i got the infamous "please put in an xbox 360 disk" leading me to think my laser from my drive that is 5 years and a half old has a laser gone bad...

can i just buy the hitachi-lg laser off ebay "install it" "Pot tweak it" and "Voila" or do i have to do other steps?

Note: i am using the 12v mod on fan taking power from the dvd drive cable which im about to take that out and get me my self a talismoon whisper legacy next month because i heard that using that as a power source kills the laser or am i wrong?

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

The 12V fan mod is great and will cool much better than a whisper fan. Those are a waste of money and do NOT blow near as hard. Hitachis are junk. I would recommend getting a better drive (liteon, benQ) But that would require a dump. You could just buy a new hitachi off ebay and swap the pcb to be done. You also want to make sure your FW is current.