1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi lt+ 2.0 owners safe on live?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cowboy333, Nov 27, 2011.

1. cowboy333

cowboy333 Member

As the title says,are those of us that have a hitachi drive flashed with lt+ 2.0 safe to go on line?

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

in theory yes! but as you know there is always a risk!

3. MrGreaser

MrGreaser Regular member

I concur with peluynati, from what we know, pre-hitachi 78/79 models aren't capable of performing AP checks...and to date, 78/79 models haven't been affected either. However, we must roll the dice because Microsoft may employ new security measures at any moment. Aside from the wait for the new firmware, hitachi users have been pretty blessed.

4. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Seriously dude? You're asking the "safe" question?

You are getting firmware from C4E.
    If he releases it, then it's as safe as you're gonna get for the time being.
    I'm pretty sure you used his LT+1.9, his LT+1.1, his LT+1.0, his iX1.61, his iX1.6, his iX1.51, his iX1.5, etc, etc, etc.

It's the same deal:
    Use his firmware and check AD before updating.

5. cowboy333

cowboy333 Member

Well when I say safe, I mean as safe as can be and not going to have the hassle of that silent update that occurred the other day and screwing all the xgd3 games.

6. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

c4e doesnt know any more than you or me if M$ is gonna continue silent updates, but they probably will. Only M$ knows what M$ will do. That's the boat that we're all in now. When c4e's firmware is released, it's always "safe as can be" (if you follow the rules).

7. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

its just time that takes it toll on whats gonna happened,whos gonna get banned or etc,many people have waited 2 years to get banned like the last big hammer,and still no hammer yet

8. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

There won't be a ban hammer this time. I will not allow it.

9. Joe_1981

Joe_1981 Regular member

My stance has always been, no custom firmware is safe, ever. Personally, I've always had two XBoxs, one modded for offline play and one unmodded for the couple online games that I play off original discs.

10. cowboy333

cowboy333 Member

It's not really a problem for me as I also got an unmodified Xbox for online but my son has a Hitachi and like's to go on line but he's not very good at keeping the discs from getting scratched, so no originals for him, boys being boys. It's just a hassle if the m$ update is going to affect the games I've backed up for him and then I got to get him another Xbox.
    I realise that m$ can update at anytime and that's the risk we all take.