1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hitachi noob

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by yesser, Jul 7, 2007.

1. yesser

yesser Guest

ok i oready have i flashed hitachi drive and i have the sata stuff on my comp oready
    i understand that im going to have to make my drive back to normal but i dont know how to do that because i had a friend do this for me a wile back ago so can some one kind of give me a hand in hand walkthrew on how to do this....thanks

2. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

your drive back to normal whaaa just to start out everything in red is what you type. ok first you have to connect everything up then power the xbox and the pc on at the same time with a slax cd in you primary disc drive in your computer. try typing slax cd in google. Then if your settings on your computer are correct by saying that it will boot from a cd first then slax will run. keep opening and closing the xbox 360 drive while doing all of this until your start to flash the drive. slax will say done type reboot or poweroff or just hold the power button but make sure you eject the cd before doing this. i made that mistake twice in a row. your drive is now in mode B and will be recognized by windows. boot windows then use the latest firmware ixtreme 1.2 for hitachi drives and put it in your hard drives root or when you click on it the folder that first comes up then rename the entire folder to iXtreme-Hitachi. next go to start then run then type in cmd then enter. A black screen will come up then type in cd C:\ where the capitle c is where you put your hard drive letter with the ixtreme folder in it then click enter. then type in cd iXtreme-Hitachi enter then type in FLASHIX.BAT F 5566 where the F is should be the letter of your disc drive and for the 5566 just put any four numbers that come to mind. then enter and your drive will be flashed then after it says 100 or 100percent shutdown the pc and xbox 360 and reassemble the 360. thats how to flash your hitachi drive as long as it's not a 78 or 70

3. yesser

yesser Guest

ok im downloading the slax-5.1.8.1
    is that correct so far?

4. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

sounds like it sure give it a try

5. yesser

yesser Guest

ok when its downloaded i will have to put that on a cd right?

6. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

yesser

7. yesser

yesser Guest

ok i cant get into mode b i saw there was a two wire trick but im not sure on how to do that
    i am using the slax cd and then im suppose to open and close the 360 drive over and over and until the salx come to the username password at the end then i take out the cd and restart the pc then i just wait for windows to starts. am i dong this right ?