1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi v78 flashing problems

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mshack1, Feb 12, 2007.

1. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

Okay, i've already flashed 2 Samsungs and 1 Hitachi v46. So i have the basic understanding of what's , what.

Here's my problem. I have an ICH7 controller, with all 4 ports being used for my OS Raid 0/1 . I have a marvell 614 sata controller, but it's only good for HDD's. So, to get my 78 in mode B, I first detach one of the 4 HDD's ,i'm disabling my Raid and running the slax cd, then when rebooting, i must enable the Raid, and while i only have 3 HDD's attached, it's still bootable. Under windows vista, my xbox is recognized and in Mode B, i start the 360 Firmware Toolbox v 3.0 and my system keeps locking up.

Is this due to my Raid being enabled? If i get a pci card, will this happen as well, since i must have the Raid enabled to boot into my OS?

Thanks

2. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

any ideas on my problem, anyone?

3. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

From what I've read, it's best to use a Via chipset on the 0078's.

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i honestly think it keeps locking up because the toolbox is not compatible with vista, when i was running vista, and i was trying to install something that it didn't like it would just lock up, do you have xp on another partition?? if so try that, hope this helps.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  5. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

it

same thing happened in XP last week before i upgraded to Vista.

6. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

pm me your email i will send you my copy

7. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I agree with 98sohc! It could be because of Vista. I've heard of a lot of people having problems Flashing their Drives, using Vista. It could be that...