1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitatchi 78 in ModeB not reading in XP

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Mentazm, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Mentazm

Mentazm Member

Hi folks,

Got my Hitachi in ModeB by using Slax 2.0 but still cannot be read by windows even after pushing close/open a few times during XP bootup bar. Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I have an Abit i7 mobo and I'm using the onboard SATA controller.

My PC DVD burner is the Pioneer 111d.

As I say Slax picks up that I have the drive connected no problem, and it goes into ModeB, but then when I load up windows (pressing close/open a few times during boot) the drive won't show up.

I take it this has nothing to do with my BIOS settings because the drive is recongised in Slax?

Just in case these are my BIOS settings ...

===

IDE Bus Master : Enabled
    Onchip IDE1 Controller : Enabled
    Master Drive PIO Mode : Auto
    Slave Drive PIO Mode : Auto
    Master Drive Ultra DMA : Disabled
    Slave Drive Ultra DMA : Disabled

Onchip Serial ATA Setting
    Onchip Serial ATA Mode : IDE (also has the RAID option)
    SATA Raid ROM : Disabled
    Onchip Serial ATA : Auto
    Serial ATA 1 Mode : IDE3 Master
    Serial ATA 2 Mode : IDE4 Master

===

Does my mobo not support the Hitachi in windows? Will I have to buy a SATA PCI board to get it to work? If so what one is the best?

Cheers for your help!

2. lewmab9

lewmab9 Guest

in response to your adverts, we are selling the Sony Ericsson w850i at just $140USD this is brand new, unlocked, sealed in original company box and come with complete accessories for the shipping is through Fedex Courier Service which is within 48hrs to deliver and our minimum order quantity is 3 do kindly get back to us with your full order, full shipping address and your contact phone number for easy communication.