1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HITMAN2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by iisaint, Apr 5, 2003.

1. iisaint

iisaint Guest

I have tried about seven different ways to copy HITMAN2, and none have worked. I do know that it has the libcrypt copy protection on it, but so does Drakan and I was able to copy that. Any help would be appreciated. I have been able to make backups of the following PS2 dvd games using both Recordnow Max DX and Alcohol 120%:

Navy Seals SOCOM
    Ghost Recon
    Drakan
    EA Sports NFL 2003
    EA Sports NHL 2003
    NFL 2K3
    Drakan
    The Getaway
    Grand Theft Auto
    Ico
    Moh Frontline
    RE codename:Veronica
    The Thing

Games were copied on dvd-r and dvd+r usuing a Sony dru-500a w/ 2.0e firmware.

2. phuocle

phuocle Member

Why do that when DVD Decrypter is the best? You don't need Alcohol 120%!!!

Use ISO Read to read the image - should take just a few minutes.

Then switch to ISO Write and write it back out to your favorite media. My backup of HITMAN2 works perfectly. I've used this method on 25+ backups without any problems.

Good luck!

3. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

I have most of those games backedup using RecordNowMax4.5.My hitman2 works fine also and i do the punk @$$ swap method.

4. iisaint

iisaint Guest

Thnx for the encouragement. What speed were you using to read and what speed were you using to copy with.

5. CptCrash

CptCrash Regular member

phuocle, I agree DVD Decrypter is the best but try to get Splinter Cell to work when you get a chance.

6. phuocle

phuocle Member

To iisaint:

I ripped it at whatever my Toshiba 16X DVD-ROM reader can rip it at. I think it's anywhere between 7X - 11X. Ripping PS2 games take no time compared to CSS protected DVD's (max rip speed 2X - 2.1X... I hear the newer DVD readers like mine are limited to this speed).

I burned it at 2.4X on Ritek's DVD+R media (the default speed for +R media).

7. phuocle

phuocle Member

To CptCrash:

I'll do that as soon as I get a chance and will report back. I hear that people only have problems with MSG2 and Xenosaga... have heard some issues with Splinter Cell, but I wasn't really paying attention. I noticed the comments about MSG2 and Xenosaga because they're on DVD9's.

I'll let you know.

8. CptCrash

CptCrash Regular member

phuocle,

Cool, look forward to your report. Good luck!

Here's what I posted on the flip-top thread:
    Looks like Splinter Cell is a no go with flip-top and Boot Disc v2.0. This really blows. Anyone have luck with it yet?

As mentioned before, goes through the intro fine, let's you select a saved game or create a new one, then just when you think it's GO TIME, it craps out when reading memory. Wonder if this will become a new trend.... let's freaking hope not.

Has anyone got this game to work with flip-top???

9. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

The only time I had any problems with the game just stopping after loading the first screen ,was with the getaway and it was because I burned it at 4X.When I burned it at 1X it worked fine.As far as splinter cell goes...I got it on the xbox so If my brother wants it I will back it up for PS2.Otherwise Im all good.The game is only like 3Gb so it should work like all the others do.I just backed up Auto Modelliata and DefJam Vendetta And Primal all with no problems.