1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HJT for Windows Vista Adware Problems

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Reitfor, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Reitfor

Reitfor Guest

Yea its slowing down a little, could you tell me which are not really neccesarry. Thank you.

2. john24135

john24135 Guest

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 8.0] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISBMgr.exe] "C:\Program Files\Sony\ISB Utility\ISBMgr.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] "C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickBooks Simple Start] "C:\Program Files\Intuit\SimpleStartEntice\entice.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Center Access Bar] "c:\program files\sony\VAIO Center Access Bar\VCAB.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIOCameraUtility] "C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Camera Utility\VCUServe.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIOSecurity] "C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Security Center\VSC.exe" 1
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIOSurvey] "C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Survey\Vista VAIO Survey.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Ieuu] "C:\Users\Gerardo\DOCUME~1\SKS~1\services.exe" -vt yazb
    O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe

All of those can be deleted, although if you use any of the sony VAIO things that are listed, you should keep them on there.

Thanks, John

3. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Lol, thanks John, I am half asleep and probably listed critical files :p

Those are 17 unneeded processes at startup, about half of all my total processes! After you reboot you should notice a significant difference.

4. john24135

john24135 Guest

Lol no problem. I just learned to use hjt today, explaining why I missed some of the O4 entries, and the O13 one. Just decided to help other people, instead of always asking for help.

5. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

That is impressive! Logs take awhile to understand, I have visited so many resource sites explaining how to seperate a good entry from a bad one over the past year+ my brain hurts.

I appreciate the help though, not too many people come to this forum offering to sort through logs, it is much welcome and appreciated :)

6. Reitfor

Reitfor Guest

Arigato Kosaimas!!! :DD