1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HLDS GDR-H10N 8X/48X HH SATA DVD-ROM - drivers/firmware?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by DarkEly, Jan 29, 2012.

1. DarkEly

DarkEly Member

Looking for drivers/firmware for the HLDS GDR-H10N 8X/48X HH SATA DVD-ROM. Please help.

I think the maker is LG if that helps. I found this (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/storage/P126955/en/specs.htm) from dell but I could not find the drivers for GDR-H10N I could only find GDR-H20N drivers but I do not need those so please help me out :).

Here is a stock photo of it...

[​IMG]

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

windows uses it's own driver for rom drives like that so why are you searching for drivers?

3. DarkEly

DarkEly Member

Well if that is the case Windows is not detecting it :/. I am using Windows 7 (64 bit).

4. ddp

does the motherboard see the drive? is there exclamation marks or unknown devices in device manager?

5. DarkEly

DarkEly Member

No the motherboard does not see it either :/ well good news I got my other dvd drive to work (I have two) I go the older one to work... so for now that will work. Thanks any way :)

6. ddp

is either the drive is dead since the the motherboard does not see it or problem with sata data cable or motherboard sata port.

7. convertconvict

convertconvict Member

Interested in this driver as well, did you continue looking? I am still yest to find a driver that is compatible with the highest burn speed on my favorite DVD burning software. I can burn DVD's now, but just at about half of the speed I could if I had something top of the line. Do you guys know what the best driver is out there if you are running many DVD burning operations at the same time?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012