1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmm... I could use some help around here...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Thun, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Thun

Thun Member

Well well well... I bought a week ago DvD+ReWritable. Now I would like to burn a movie to a DvD+rw. But the problem layes here. (I use Nero 6 full installe version.) I start Nero, choose DvD section, there burn a video to a DvD. Then there comes the place where i do have to choose the DvD-files to be burned. But, it can't burn other files than *bup, *vob or *ifo! I choose there show all files, take a movie which is for example RealOne video. But then it says "Not combatible file found." So how in the name of god i can burn (with nero 6.0) a movie to a dvd-rw, that i can show it with most DvD-players?

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

You could try DVD Decrypter in file mode, it works for me.

and it's free.

Yup... being a crap poet drove me into, chasing other forms of expression. lol
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]give instuction to a wise man. Then he will become wiser, give instruction to a fool. Then he will become wiser. It's all about time.. [thet slanty-eyed bloke I used to read][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2004
  3. siber

siber Regular member

Thun, in what form is the DVD movie you want to burn? If it is a commercial DVD you are trying to copy, it would almost certainly be encrypted and you would not be able to copy it / make a DVD through Nero. With Decrypter, you WOULD be able to do so.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Nero's DVD Video option only works with files that are already DVD compliant ie VOB/IFO/BUP as you've already found out.

If you want to play any other sort of video files such as your Real Media you need to use a transcoder to convert them to NTSC format then use a DVD authoring program to process them into the standard VOB/IFO/BUP that standalone DVD players require.