1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hmmm i just came back...but i need some help with modchips...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by austin420, Nov 5, 2007.

1. austin420

austin420 Member

ok guys... i know you guys will flame me for asking this but i kinda dont have the time right now... i need to mod my wii. i know that i need a modchip, but the question is, which one. i dont know which modchip that was made within the last few months is the best. so which kinds are you guys using...all help will be appreciated thank you.

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Wiikey. They recently released an update so you can play SMG so it's all good.

3. austin420

austin420 Member

whats SMG may i ask? also are you positive that wikey is the best... i would like to play downloaded wii iso's and i just want to know if wiikey is the most suitable for this.. any suggestions?

4. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Super Mario Galaxy...lol

They all do the same really. But Wiikey has the most popularity and thus make the people behind it have more pressure to deliver.

5. austin420

austin420 Member

ok thank you... so now i know that wiikey is the one to get rigth now. but can anyone give me like a link or something to maybe a past thread that says how to install it and how to play your downloaded iso's on the wii, etc... if anyone could help me that would be great, thanks.

6. ericvct

ericvct Member

Before you buy any modchip, you need to know what kind of chip is in your wii.
    The d2c chips in current wiis can only be chipped by 1 modchip (d2ckey), and that is a 30 wire install(although a 5 wire chip is rumored to be in the works).
    Also, wiikey, wiinja deluxe, and cyclowiz all have updates that fix SMG.
    Wiikeys seem to be error prone, and mine died after a few weeks. if you go out to the wii section here, there are more questions and support issues for them, then any other chips. I now have a wiinja deluxe, and would recommend it, if you have a pre-d2c wii.

7. sengster

sengster Guest

i just opened up wii, this is wat i found. i'm not sure wat chip this is, but it looks like a wiiket. however i dun understand y there r 3 wires connected to the D2B chip.

8. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Yeah it's a Wiikey.

You have the D2B with cut legs so that's why the modder soldered the wires there.

9. sengster

sengster Guest

when i try to update with 1.9b or g, it's always have this remark of connection failed. And 1.3 config disk to turn it off. so is there any thing i can do to help?

10. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Well then I guess the connections are lose on the wires. You are gonna have to take it back to the modder for repair or PM me.