1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOLD IT, folks. Dont come here if you dont want stupid question.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Deric1, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Deric1

Deric1 Member

I say this cuz I see some of the advanced users get kind of annoyed at us newbies. For which I truly feel stupid and apologize. One day I hope to be good enuf to be able to get annoyed at ppl like me! ha ha
    But I was just told I could backup PS2 games, then I read one of these threads that says you need some chip or card or something to be able to play back copied games? Is that always true? YOu cant just do it like you do a dvd?

2. Razor89

Razor89 Guest

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION. Also, read the rule about thread titles...

razor

3. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, it is true. You need a modified PS2 in order to be able to play any back up copies of PS2 games.

The choices are a good modchip, installed by a profesional or someone with very good soldering skills.
    DMS4 Pro SE, Crystal Chip 2.0 Pro or Matrix Infinity Green Dot

Or you can get a set of boot discs called Swap Magic.
    You will need one other mod to use with swap magic.
    The fat PS2 you can use a slidecard (pain in the butt! but you can make it for free)
    Or you can get an aftermarket fliptop case, this is a much easier thing to use than a slide card.

With the slim PSTwo you can get an aftermarket flip top or a set of tools called Magic Keys (get the correct one for your exact version PSTwo!!)