1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy Smokes is it true..No more Matte top Ritek G04 4x DVD-R?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ericbee, Aug 8, 2004.

1. ericbee

ericbee Regular member

My friend just emailed me and told me that Ritek G04 genuine 4x media is no longer made in the matte top. You can buy it in shiny top but, the only matte top available is the purple branded spindle that has RITEK written on the disc itself. I hate that. I print on the top of my DVD-R's with a thermal printer and cannot do it with the "new" matte top and the shiny top shows smudges and fingerprints like crazy.

Anyone have a link to any place with Matte top Ritek's without the writing on them? They used to come in the red shrinkwrapped RIDATA spindles.

2. gi0rgi0

gi0rgi0 Guest

I saw some like that at newegg.com But they were +r
    They were wrapped in a red plastic. Someone in the
    ps2 forum said those were better for backing up than
    the one with the purple wrapping.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

The G04 is a -R. You need to use the format your drive is set up to use best. Some drives record more slowly with -R. So, check the drive specs and use whatever is best for your drive, whether it is +R or -R. If your drive uses both equally well, then that just means you have more choices. I've noticed in some cases where the -R is less expensive; varies with retailers.

The silver matte discs I saw at Meritline didn't appear to have Ritek written on them. Hard to tell from the pictures; even the larger one. Check it out.

You can check NewEgg and Meritline. Meritline would know for sure if the matte is discontinued, as they are an authorized Ritek dealer. They also offer a wide variety of the G04 line of discs.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG]

I was an earth-rim walker, a lurker at the threshold of the abyss. - Grendel -

[bold]Et tu, Brute![/bold][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2004
  4. ericbee

ericbee Regular member

5. mrman

mrman Regular member

i live in canada so i get my discs from www.blankmedia.ca and they deliver to the US too... they sell the red shrink wraped ridata still because thats what i always get from them so check it out.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

ericbee
    Thats probably the route you'll have to take. Find a dealer with old stock and stock up big time.

7. scottzhai

scottzhai Member

8. ericbee

ericbee Regular member

Funny you should post that link, I spent the entire day confirming with the sales reps over there that indeed the riteks listed are matte top unbranded.

That is he nly site left I can find who has them for sale and I just bought 500, so good luck if you want them because there is no other place on earth that has them

9. TR47

TR47 Member