1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home dvd player

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by jeckk, Jun 9, 2005.

1. jeckk

jeckk Member

hello,
    Is it possible to use xbox or kiss dvd home player to read movies made with ratdvd ?
    Thanks

2. milfzor

milfzor Member

not yet....maybe eventually, though........

3. A.Petrov

A.Petrov Member

Quotes from RatDVD FAQ:

http://www.ratdvd.dk/faq.htm#hardware
    Is there/Will there be any hardware that can handle ratDVD without re-conversion?

We will see. From the implementation side it seems rather simple to me, but who knows...

http://www.ratdvd.dk/faq.htm#XboxPort
    How about XBOX. Do you consider porting it?

Absolutely YES. I own an XBOX myself and use XBMC but unfortunately I have no idea how to do it and I have big concerns that the hardware of the XBOX is too slow. XBOX 360 four sure would be a target. We will see…

4. milfzor

milfzor Member

xbox seems a bit...iffy.....but yea...that MAY be possible, seeing that an xbox doesnt really have any other background processes going on like a computer........xbox 360...who knows how long before there are modchips/other methods to run homebrew on it...and even after that, who knows how easy/hard it will be to code for that system....just from what i hear, a ps3 would be an easier target for this sort of thing....maybe someone will take a stab at both of em...and heck maybe even the nintendo revolution :)