1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home made flip top finished!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zxspeky, Aug 17, 2004.

1. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

2. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

Wow it actually looks pretty cool whens its all finished, but I wouldnt put that much work itno something like that, or even cut up my ps2 lol

3. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

well I had a spare lid, so it didn't matter that much if I cocked it up, and as flip lids are like rocking horse shit to get hold of in the UK now, I didn't have much choice, it's for my kids, and I wouldn't trust them with a slide card!

4. Quest1

Quest1 Member

your site seems to have been godsend because i was just thinking about making my own flip top. but in your site you didnt say what kind of blue plastic you used or where one might find one?

5. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Bloody good work, fella.

6. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

quest1, I'm not sure what the plastic was called, but I will find out and put it on the site, I got it from a local firm that makes parts for cars, tv's etc, if you look in the phone book, you might be able to find a firm close to you, then just ask them for an off cut, the plastic is firm but cuts easy with a knife, tell them that and they'll probly know what to give you.

safc_66 , thanks M8

7. rvds619

rvds619 Member

Do do you still need a swap magic disc or a mod chip to work that. Can i use my action replay for psx to play ps2 games like a loader with that?

8. KainX2

KainX2 Guest

FUCKIN A!

9. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

you can't load ps2 backups with a psx ar disc, I don't know if you can use it to load the exploitr though, I've never tried it.

10. Vular

Vular Member

Amazing job man, looks wonderful.

11. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Zxspeky, yer welcome mate, first class gold star pat on the back effort !! Nice to see someone's got the patience to do this, then post the results, we'll be expecting a full guide with dimensions etc very soon, cos the prototype looks sound. The fliptops are still available if you care to visit the PC fairs that are on weekends in the UK, around £35. But if all the sellers start bottling out, it's gonna get very expensive, same as modchips, so people are gonna have to start figuring things out for themselves. F**k Tony Blair !!

Dene

12. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member