1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home movie burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dduffy57, Mar 1, 2005.

1. dduffy57

dduffy57 Member

i need help have a samsung digitalvideo camcorder and would like to burn to dvd so i bought a teac dvd+rw burner and it came with nero 6.0 downloaded movies into my computer and loaded software and it will not burn movies load it computer as asf. files and nero will not find them is there and other software i need to get the movies to work i also im trying to burn to maxwell dvd+rw disks thanks.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

.asfs are windows media files. If Nero doesn't work for you, you may try DVDSanta. It's simple, and handles video capturing from DV as well as dvd burning very well. By the way, if you do not have the necesary codecs, try download and install K-lite Codec Pack (full version) from here:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Do post again if you still get problems.

3. dduffy57

dduffy57 Member

down loaded dvd santa but it will not work with windows 98se is there any other program that will still cant get nero to work thanks

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

1) Nero Vision Express also comes with a video capture function and should be able to capture your DV video onto the harddisk in mpeg2 format, which Nero can then burn to disc. So are you saying this doesn't work for you?

2) Alternatively, you may use a video conversion program (e.g. Super Video Converter, No.1 Video Converter) to convert the .asfs into mpeg format.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  6. dduffy57

dduffy57 Member

I can get nero to start loading my movie files and tranfering them and then it tells me in can not burn to disks put in right disk and tr again i'm trying dvd+rw and dvd+r I have a teac dvd+rw burner what can i try thanks for the help.

7. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Well, let's do it one step at a time. First, let Nero download your video files onto the Harddisk. Now, check the format of the resulting files and post here.

8. dduffy57

dduffy57 Member

nero will not download capture video from camcorder it says cannot find capture device i'm useing a samsung digital camcorder and it goes through the usb port can download movie in to computer through software of cam but it is in a asf. file. thanks

9. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

I use Pinnacle Studio 9 to import, edit, and burn to DVD. Not the cheapest program, but it does work well. I have a Panasonic DV Cam and this prog fits the bill well

10. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

O.K., so you couldn't get Nero to work for you. What about DVDSanta?

11. dduffy57

dduffy57 Member

dvd santa will only work with xp or 2000 I'm working with 98 se thanks

12. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Well, if .asf files are all that you've got, then maybe you should first convert them into other formats (e.g. mpeg, avi), then try burn again with Nero. Try what bbmayo suggested.

13. dduffy57

dduffy57 Member

ok i'v changed formate to mpeg-1 and nero finds movie but when trying to burn it gets to the end and aborts and says (sorry, your compilation cannot be written on this kind of disk please insert a disk of the correct type aor modify the settings of yor compilation to make them compatible with current disk.) I'v tried dvd+r, dvd+rw and dvd-r and my dvd+rw burner says it shoud burn to dvd+r or dvd+rw it is a (teac dvd+rw dv-58e) thanks

14. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Are you trying to burn to vcd or dvd? Note that mpeg1 is vcd compliant format, while mpeg2 is dvd compliant format.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  15. dduffy57

dduffy57 Member

question what are .bup,.vob,.ifo files when i go to nero and set it up for dvd burning and click on add file at the bottem it comes up with these and none of my files are these they are asf. and i changed them to avi. and then to mpeg-1 files

16. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Well, who knows, you might have had converted the files into DVD format after all without yourself knowing. Note that on a regular DVD, there are normally two folders: Audio_ts and video_ts. And under video_ts, you have bups, vobs, and ifos. So you better check whether you have in actual fact successfully converted your asfs into dvd format via Nero or some other programs by opening the video_ts.ifo file with your media player.
    Besides, for the asfs, you may not need to do so many conversions. If you had converted the asfs into avis, you may try to see if Nero would accept them. Quite often it does, and there is thus no need to convert them from avis into mpegs.
    This burning thing can be confusing for starters. But once you got a hang of it, everything would become to make sense.
    Try experiment a little more and post again if you still got problems.

17. dduffy57

dduffy57 Member

when I click on nero start icon it opens up and on top it says cd/dvd I can burn movies to cd-r but they will not play in dvd player on tv so i change it to dvd instead of cd/dvd and went to burn dvd-video and it can not find my files I have changed all the asf. to mpeg-2 and it cannot find the files.thanks for the help

18. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Ah, now we are making progress. So you are using Nero StartSmart. Good. Try this:
    At Nero StartSmart, click 'DVD', then 'make your own dvd video', then 'add video files'. Now go to where you have stored the mpegs, double click each mpeg to paste them onto the Nero window, then click 'next', and follow the lead from there.
    If you cannot find the mpegs or if you cannot paste them onto the Nero window, then something might have gone wrong during the file conversion process. In that case, do post again.
    Good luck!