1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Movies

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by mach11972, Mar 13, 2005.

1. mach11972

mach11972 Guest

Ok guys I have a sony TVR-460 camcorder and I am trying to get the video on to a dvd. The software that came with the camcorder is worthless because it dosent support my drive( only drives that are about a year and a half old). I spoke with sony techs and they said to use windows media maker but that dont work very well. It leaves it ina small picture so when it fits it to the tv it is blury. Is there anyone out there that can recomend a program that I can make these dvd's. I have tried Nero but dont know enough about it to figure it out. The wife is about to pop(almost 8 months pregnant) so I need to figure this out soon. thanks for the help.

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Hi Mach,
    It is a well know fact that in many cases the software that is supplied with camera's or firewire cards are not very sophisticated.
    Since you sound like being rather new to digital video editing, check this site and read it's basic articles:
    http://www.digitalvideoclub.com

3. jumbalia

jumbalia Member

I just had a baby, and I feel for you man!
    I am also a DV noob.

I have settled in on NERO. I love it. The problem is that you don't get all of the software until you actually purchase NERO.
    (And let me add that after you purchase NERO you need to download the rest of their software from their website.)

It does *almost* everything well. Peopel ay that the mps encoder is not the best, and use a third party one.

4. umpalumpa

umpalumpa Member

ure answer: Adobe Premiere

ive used this for quite a while and am still finding new things to use. takes a while to get used 2 mite need 2 buy a book bout how 2 use it tho its great.

dave