1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Network connection issues if you please

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Wyattspop, May 28, 2012.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hi Guys,
    I have a small home network, 3 PC's, 2 identical Win 7 Desktops and one Vista Lappie and I'm in connection hell if you'd please assist me.
    My hardware to help paint the picture, I have a Win 7 HP desktop as my main PC, a Vista HP G60-243CL Lappie that I like to watch movies on or download apps and games sitting next to it. Though it's a laptop and I have the wireless active (blue light always on), I use this hard-wired to my high-end Belkin 750 router via ethernet cable.
    An identical desktop is downstairs, another HP P6803 used wireless w/card. Ironically, the wireless desktop has no issues at all, I never lose connection. The Lappie connection is fine too except it reads "Multiple Networks" which is probably where I tanked it (my network). The problem: My main desktop will not hold a connection, at all. I have to reboot my router every time I connect to the internet and get kicked off frequently even then. So my PC that should have the most rock-solid connection can't stay online, it's brother which I have set up in probably the worst way possible, a wireless desktop, no issues, but my main PC, totally hard-wired will not connect without a router restart. I'm 95% sure my wiring is correct, 100% sure it's not an equipment issue (both desktops are 3 mos old and worked 3 days ago) so I think I must have futzed with my network settings and screwed this up. I can't find any answers here, none that I've figured out where to look anyway. Would you please help? I called Belkin and they said "we need to transfer you to "next level" support for $75 (also a 3 month old item, nice, huh?) P.S. Belkin support BLOWS! It's always a Middle Eastern woman who's "English" you can't understand. Thanks Gang

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try another netcard on that pc & disable the onboard netcard.

3. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

That would probably help, but I'm about 95% certain the issue began when I was trying to adjust my network settings. Almost everything was perfect before that and now I'm getting booted off or freezing up simply by routine IE browsing on my hard-wired desktop. Only restarting the router helps for about an hour.
    When viewing my main desktop network and sharing center on this PC I have 2 networks (I never added any additional ones here), one called "network 2" (public) the other called "unidentified" (also public), the laptop right next to it doesn't have a network named "network 2", it has the unidentified one and my correct private network with the right name. I'm guessing my best bet is to rebuild my whole network from square one, thing is I haven't found a good instructional guide to do that (to strip it and start all over). I tried fixing it using the built-in assistant, but the helper failed. Could you point me to a place with such info ddp? Thanks much