1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home on the range

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lawndog, Oct 2, 2004.

1. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

ok I've backed up almost all my DVD with few problems!! I bought my daughter home on the range and wanted to back it up!! coming across errors, I wanted to see if anybody has had the same thing happen to them I will work on getting what the error says!! Oh ya for all yall gov. ppl reading my daughters' 3 years old she can ruin a DVD in 2 days flat!! A total waste of $20.00, thats why we wanna back stuff up!!
    Lawndog

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You might want to go Hog wild and clue us in on what proggys you're using and where in those proggys you are getting the error -

Are you using any kind of guide and if so, what guide is it and where on the guide is the error showing up (that will narrow it down a lot for us :)

Cheers,

Pete

NOTE: In the future you might want to have a specific question and all the above information along with your PC's specs BEFORE starting a thread.

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hi lawndog
    Listen to what scubapete says.
    For what its worth,I did that movie with shrink,and nero,with no problems.
    Fill us in on the info needed,so pete can help you(he writes some of the greatest guides, for newbies on this, or any forum ive seen):)I just love the uncle suba pete show.lol
    good luck
    jim

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I successfully backed home on the range ripping with Decrypter first, then running it through CloneDVD2

5. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

alrighty, but its late I'm drunk and will post in morning!! first off though I've done fifty plus DVDs allready, Thats the only reason I asked the question, it was totally new and I allready tried most of the other things, oh well I'll get all info in the mornig when I'm not tired drunk and wanting to get.......... gotta keep it PG. Thanks in advance!!
    Lawndog

6. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

ok I use Shrink then I use decrypter. I've allready done about 50+ movies this way!! When I try Home on The Range through Shrink it automatically shuts down!! So I tried using decrypter first When I do this error pops up

I/O Error

Device:[1:1;0] Generic DVD RW 8xMax 140I(E:)(ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 2F C5 63 00 00 01 00
    Interprtataion: Read (10)-Sector: 3130723

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: No seek complete

It gives me the option toretry so I do Error comes up again!! It does this about three times then I can select a start to Decrypt BUT its is extrly slow AND THe error comes out again maybe 1/16 into decypting!! Any ideas thanks again
    Lawndog

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

lawndog,

Bad factory disc.

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

-Ditto - the disc "Suckth"

Hitting the "retry" button can work, I've spent 40 minutes doing it to get through a DVD - but then my backup was perfect :p)

Since you've got nothing to lose -

Try the following: a guide for ripping problem DVD's:

Here's a few Helpful Hints:

For starters you can do the following:

1. Thoroughly clean the disc you are about to copy with alcohol and a soft cloth.

2. Begin playing your DVD on your PC's Power DVD or other player. Play for about 2 OR 3 minutes then start your ripping program. Continue to play the DVD until the ripping begins - then turn your player off.

Should you have problems with DVD Shrink, try ripping with DVD Decrypter. We're going to rip this "Puppy" in the "file" mode. You can also adjust Decrypter under Tools, settings, File, to remove PUO's - this works on some nasty discs.

DVD Decrypter can handle even the toughest of encryptions – Don't ever give up on DVD Decrypter, try the following little "adjustments" -

Step 1. In DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings", and then whatever you're using either the File Mode tab OR the ISO Read Mode tab and "tick" "Remove PUO's" - try either the IFO, BUP, PUO's OR the VOB PUO's

Step 2. In DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings", General tab, on the bottom left it will say "Removal Method" choose "Aggressive".

Step 3. in DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings" then choose the CSS tab, under CSS Cracking Method, mark the spot that says "Brute Force -> I/O Exchange".

These "adjustments to DVD Decrypter should "Crack" just about anything out there today EXCEPT maybe the ARccOS copy protection. I haven't tried it on that yet :)

http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Lastly, you can rip with SmartRipper.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/smartripper.cfm

Sometimes it just needs a different crack-smith :p)

Since I spent the time writting these, spend some time trying them, as I've said - nothing to lose -

Let me know what happens,

Pete