1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by delkims, May 12, 2007.

1. delkims

delkims Regular member

does anyone know when the game home is going to be released for ps3?and will it be free?
    thanks

2. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Its not really a game, but a sorta PS3 online virtual Community... Heres the link PS3 Home

3. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

4. delkims

delkims Regular member

cheers for reply on this thanks

5. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

I can not wait for this! Home is going to be soooo cool! I hope it is a free download, the video stated that it is "free of charge" but I wonder if you will have to buy it and have no on line fees? I hope my blue tooth headset works, this could be better than a Forum! Could you imagine a afterdawn room in home? That would be so wicked!

6. dpickett

dpickett Guest

HOME PRICING INFORMATION
    Is the service free?
    Yes. However, from the answers I've seen on the forums, if you want to "upgrade" your home, there will be charges. Same applies for miscellaneous things such as furniture, etc. Though no official release has been given from Sony.

How much will I pay for these "upgrades"?
    Sony has not released a pricing sheet yet.
    HOME "IN GAME" QUESTIONS
    Will Home be some big world?
    In a sense, yes. However, you'll have to load from place to place. And as of now, to go to someones home, they have to be online. Though Sony has commented that they are working on a solution for both.

How does the music/videos work?
    From the information that has been officially released, it appears that the music/videos from your harddrive will stream across televisions and radios for your friends to hear. I still have yet to find a response if full length movies will work.

Can I create new items and content for Home myself?
    Sony has commented that they will allow users to create their own designs in future releases of "Home"

Can Home users win non-purchased prizes and items?
    Yes, Sony has commented that users will be able win items.

Is home an Online service only?

Yes

SOURCE: HOME FAQ - http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&thread.id=24347

Any other questions please read tis offcial sony PDF file

http://www.scedev.net/home/Third Party Relations Q&A.pdf

7. dpickett

dpickett Guest

This a Q&A based off the PDF file i posted in the above post.

So, you have some unanswered questions about exactly how the recently announced PlayStation Home will work? Well, Sony has published a PlayStation Home FAQ which details previously unrevealed features and clarifies unspecified aspects of the service, including more solid dates for the beta and final releases.

The topics run from the mundane to the technical, but also provide some interesting details about the future of Home. For instance, the "current maximum of concurrent users in a lobby is 64" and Home usernames will be be the same as your PlayStation Network ID. That means when user NeoZeed is in a lobby, you'll know I'm present.

On the more interesting side of things, it looks like you'll be able to buy virtual and physical goods from within Home. But not right away. According to the FAQ, "Initially all commercial transaction will be via the PLAYSTATION Network Store. Eventually users will be able to transact within the Home environment." Interesting.

We've pulled some of the more interesting Q&A's from the PDF and put them after the jump.

Q: What is the timeline for rollout?
    Closed Beta (appx. 15,000 users): April - August
    Open Beta (appx. 50,000 users): August - October
    Service Live (50,000+): October

Q: Will I be able to attend ticketed (paid-for) special events?
    Yes, in time Home will play host to many types of event. Bespoke events such as exclusive game previews and developer interviews will be organised by Home and its affiliated content providers. Live events such as sports and concerts may also be broadcast within Home.

Q: Can Home users win non-purchased prizes and items?
    Yes, it will be possible to give prizes to users.

Q: Home looks so great - how do publishers ensure that users continue to play their games rather than spending all their time in Home?
    There is a huge scope for publishers and developers to promote their current and future IPs - as well as exploiting their back-catalogue. For example, it will be possible to develop small demo-areas within Home that promote new titles, or to re-publish an old IP as mini-game within their Home Space.

Q: Is Home a PS3 specific service? Will users be able to access Home through other devices?
    Initially Home will only be accessible via that PLAYSTATION®3, although over time our intention is to enable users to interface certain Home features and services via other networked devices such as PlayStation®Portable (PSP®) and mobile phones.

Q: Can I launch and watch a BD movie from within Home?
    Launch, yes. Watch, no.

Q: Will we be able to sell products (other than Home assets) online?
    Eventually Home will not only support the merchandising of virtual assets, but also will provide cross-promotional opportunities for selling physical goods online.

Q: Could publishers sell tutorials to their games through Home?
    Yes, the commercial services and features that publishers and developers will be able to support is extremely broad.

Q: How large is the download?
    We're aiming for the initial download to be under 500MB. Subsequent downloads will hopefully integrate a streaming method that makes them negligible.

Q: How do users find friends and spaces within Home?
    There is an integrated PSN Friends list, and search functionality for spaces.

Q: How many friends can I have?
    As many as the PSN friends list allows, which is currently 50.

Q: How often is incremental content being created for Home?
    Content for Home will be developed continually. In addition to an ever increasing variety of items to customize avatars and Home Spaces, there will be special events such as Halloween and Christmas where special content will be available for a limited time.

Currently Home is not a persistent world, so when you leave Home, all of your possessions go with you. For instance, it is not currently possible for other users to visit your apartment while you're not there. We are working on the persistent aspect of Home, and expect to implement it in the long term.

Q: Will there be a restriction to the age you'll be able to give your avatar?
    Yes. We will not have avatars which resemble children. The avatars are adult in appearance.
    Source:http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/details-from-the-playstation-home-faq-243120.php

8. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Thats a hell of an idea there chap!