1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homebrew Games maybe?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by teamjh14, Feb 1, 2008.

1. teamjh14

teamjh14 Member

1. I just bought a hard drive. I've gotten into editing PS2 games, and have been trying my hand at Katamari Damacy (in this case, maybe change some of the textures on the katamari, and the background music). However, the disc only contains .BIN files (DUMMY, FILE_00, FILE_01, FILE_02) and a .IMG file. Anybody have any clue how to get into these files? I could have sworn there was a program which allowed you to explore these files, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

2. Is there anyplace I can get legitimate homebrew games? From what I understand, there are programs to run media and Linux even, but are there any full blown games that have been created for the PS2?

2. teamjh14

teamjh14 Member

3. teamjh14

teamjh14 Member

Oh, and I've learned more about editing games, and from what I understand, I would need to use a ripkit with a specific program. I've learned a little more, so there's no need to address the editing of Katamari Damacy problem I put down. Thanks!

4. teamjh14

teamjh14 Member

Okay, so I know there are homebrew games out there. Does anybody have maybe a website where there are a bunch? A list? Anything?