1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homebrew on a 2.71

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by k0k0, Jan 10, 2007.

1. k0k0

k0k0 Member

Ok, I'm helping a friend run some homebrew. He has a psp that is upgraded to 2.71, and wants to run homebrew, I have homebrew enabler and all, but will that run any homebrew? Or what else should he do. I dont really want to downgrade as that might cause a brick. Too risky. He wants NES SNES and DAXZISO loader.

2. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

Well... there is a eloder for 2.71 that allows to play homebrew but not iso. http://files.fanjita.org/psp/eloader0995.exe

However the best is to downgrade then upgrade it to 3.03 OE. Before downgrading. What psp motherboard you have.

3. k0k0

k0k0 Member

I cant see teh number on the motherboard, but its on the left. Ive seen the TA-082 before and it looks like that usually has the numbers on teh right. Have you ever used homebrew enabler before?

4. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

used to.. but not anymore. So, are u going to use the homebrew enbaler ot downgrade ? I can supply u links and help :)

5. k0k0

k0k0 Member

Well I was not planning on downgrading because its not my psp its a friends and if it broke I would be the one responsible. I just wanted to run some NES and SNES games on 2.71. Is this possible with homebrew enabler? Or what should I do?

6. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

HEND works wonders on 2.71, but as good as it is... it's still crashes more than i'd like. custom firmware is really only the way to go for me now

i'd say go for the downgrade, your friend can thank you later for it. I successfully downgraded 4 psps, 2 of which have been my own 2.71 ta-082s

there's not much risk to it unless you have trouble following directions or paying attention to detail. but with the easy downgraders, they've really done all the work for you!

7. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

are u downgrading or not

8. Athrun_C

Athrun_C Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007