1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

honest opinion's on PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Josh133, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Josh133

Josh133 Member

I will start by saying i own a 360 well let me rephrase that i have owned 5 360's in different forms,premiums,cores,refurbished.I have just recently lost the one i got for x-mas 06,and i am wits end with these 400 dollar paperweights,so i turn to the PS3 owners and ask has anyone had any issues with their PS3's like everyone seems to be having with their 360's hardware failure,drive failure,etc.I am seriously considering buying a PS3,but obviously with the luck i am having with the 360 i am a bit weary,so please any concerns or problems i would like to know about please give me some honesty and not the whole PS3 vs.360 argument i just want to be sure before i buy.Thanks

2. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

wel i cant tell you about anyone else, but iv had a ps3 since release date, and have had absoltly no problems with it, nothign wrong with the drives,

i have heard that someone had a disc stuck in the drive, but that was because he did something silly,

but no honestly my ps3 has been perfect, touch wood, no problems with overheating or anything, and i dont have a fan or cooling thing, its just well ventilated, like it says it should be

hope this helps ya

only real problem with the ps3 atm is the games that are on it! i really cant wait for the big games to start hitting the shelves to show off its proper potenial, unlike games like blast factor lol that sseem as if they could be played on a gameboy

3. bopran

bopran Guest

Im with you on the 360's going wrong all to oftern.
    I have lost 4 in total to red lights.
    So like you i thought maybe time for a PS3. Got an amazing deal on ebay.

I must say im loving the PS3 far more than the 360. Its about 10 times better in all seriousness. I think i have a right to say that having played several games on the 360.
    Graphics on the PS3 seem better to me and games run smoother, and the PSN is good stuff.

PS3's dont go wrong like the 360's do. An you can always send it back to Sony for repairs. (lets face it theres no mod chip of DVD Fw patch for these, so you wont void your warentee).

Also, if your thinking... hhmm should i wait for Halo 3. Forget it mate. Try Resistance FOM, it doesnt get much better.

4. delkims

delkims Regular member

only problem ive had with my ps3 it stopped going online so i thought it must have been the network card inside(if thats what it was)and i took it back and got a new one straight away.didnt know if it was conflicting with my wii as i had them both together.has anyone else had this problem as gamestation have never heard of one going wrong like this.?but still think ps3 is tops.never like xbox

5. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Delkims it sounds like you might have had both consoles with the same ip address kind of issue.

6. nallalfc

nallalfc Guest

Had a similar experience with the 360, now on My 3rd.

Regarding the PS3 it's big and ugly but it put an insane grin on my face when I got it out of the box, never had the same feeling with the 360.
    In my opinion the PS3 does everthing you need out of the box. (wifi, blueray player, upscaling dvd player, 60gb hd, bit hit and miss with PS2 backward compatablity) but it's well built and seems very reliable.
    I'm lucky as I have both machines but if I could only keep one it would be the PS3.

7. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

to be honest i didnt think the 600 hundred was worth it when i first brought it home but now u have media streaming bluray and a kick ass game console all in one if u went and bought a bluray player and media receiver u would paying into the thousand dollar mark ive had my ps3 six months and had no serious problems bluetooth headsets are a lil buggy but in my opinion u get a lot more for the 600 dollars not to mention how much did u have to pay to get that xbox the way u wanted it (wireless controllers wifi) these things are right out of the box when u buy ps3 i could go on and on so in other words if u got the money its worth it

8. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Anyone know where I can get a Wiistation 360??

9. delkims

delkims Regular member

how did it get the same ip address?have i got too many consoles rigged up to my router?i have ds,psp,ps3 and wii.

10. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

If they are not all setup to have a static ip then you can run into problems.

11. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I'm honest when I say my PS3 has had NO problems at all. The only thing that's not that great about it at the moment is that there aren't very many good games. Although, Resistance FoM, and Motorstorm are pretty sweet. The 360 is cool and all, but I think PS3 takes the cake. It doesn't even get that hot, so you don't need a cooler. (Just make sure you let the vent have room to blow out). Another thing I've noticed compared to the 360 is the PS3 is a lot less loud. Hope you go for the PS3, I'm glad I did=)

12. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

I'd say that my PS3 doesn't have any problems with it and most of the stuff you hear about people breaking theirs is something dumb they have done. Now I've had one thing happen to me that proves the quality of the PS3. One morning I woke up for school. I's 7:00 a.m. and I didn't get to bed until like 12:00 last night so I wake up climb down from my bunk bed on the hard ladder that hurts my feet and I stumble and stood on my PS3 by accident for about half a second. My face went ghost white and I almost S*** my pants it felt like I jumped in the ocean in winter time. Anyways since that horribly experience my I'm happy to say my "Pee Es Triple" still works.

confused on why I ""'ed Pee Es Triple? Click the link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=25LceCPO1ys&mode=user&search=

Trust me you'll laugh.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  13. cartucho

cartucho Member

well so far the PS3 is awsome. I did have a 360 back in the day but i ended up selling it to get the ps3. so far ps3 is great. u can stream movies, play blueray and has a few good games. Too be honest 360 is much better right now bc ps3 lacks of good games. resistance is pretty good and so is motorstorm but they are not as good as gears of war. Eventually sony will come up with sick games. bunch comming out this september that look amazing. Anyhow the investment is totally worth it since PS3 is one of the cheapest blueray players out there in the market and now that blockbuster going only blueray things are gonna go good for the blueray movies. another good thing is the free online thing.. plp complaint about ps3 being so expensive but eventually it is cheaper in the long run. u probably gonna have the console for 4+ years and if you want online add up extra 240 for online fees with microsoft. just do yourself a favor and get a warranty.. the one in best buy for 3yrs is 100 bucks and if the machines breaks they just give u a new one on the spot. totally going there for a controller replacement if they eventually come out with the new rumble controller. hahaha. good luck with your decision.

14. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

As long as you keep both vents clear you won't have problems. I have one from the first day release and haven't had problems at all. I think it is just a matter of time before software issues are patched. Once SOCOM hits the shelf then will see if my PS3 melts. If it don't I will be the bus driver taking you's to school. ;)

15. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

never had a xbox . nothing to campare to .love me ps3 more than me ps1 and 2 when they came out .got the streaming stuff sort of ok using nero .ps3 needs to play more video format ,unless i am doing it wrong .got me blue ray bond film as a freebie looks amazing .had to buy a new pc monitor .22 inch wide .with hdmi and dvi blah blah .well worth the 425 from asda .walmart to our friends across the pond

16. cartucho

cartucho Member

17. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

That's hilarious!

@cartucho - He's a wannabe gangster because he's not black. Lol, erabody know's, dat PS3 make da best games, that shit is slick nice nice black. =P

@jacsac - I bet my PS3 is gonna explode and kill my whole family when socom comes out. I'm a freakin' addict.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  18. cartucho

cartucho Member

hey sorry i didn;y see the same link u put on was already posted.. sorry man.still that guy is jokes.. hopes ps boss gets a hold of him and banned his as* from getting a PS3!!

19. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Hardware wise, the PS3 is MUCH better built in my opinion.

From what i have read, it is all manufactured with high quality parts in Japan. I read that most of the 360 parts and plastics is made in Thailand.

And the PS3 will not overheat aslong as you read the instructions in the manual. I still keep a fan blowing through the back of the system though.

Here are the reason why i bought PS3 over 360.

- Free online play
    - Heard way too many reports about overheating and the red light of death
    - PS3 is very much like a PC
    - 60 GB HDD. Yeah the Elite has 120GB, but for some more money the PS3 was a better option to me.
    - Sony: They have been making game consoles much longer then Microsoft, and the PS3 has a much nicer design. After close to 6 years, my PS2 still works. And my PS1 works perfectly.

20. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

Yeah thats why i like the PS3 over the 360. And don't you find it funny the PS3 has more computer like capabilities than the 360 and the 360 is made by a computer company. Seems odd to me, you'd think that the 360 would have more computer like capabilities.