1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honey, I'm home!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Elayne, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

I just had to come back. Missed ya! Anyway,
    I have tried several more dvds. I have tried each method of ripping. They are ripped fine, but when I went to 'ifoedit', well, that's another story. Most of the time, I couldn't remove the warning. The movie was small enough that I just went on and burned when possible. Record Now Max most of the time would burn the darn folder as a data file and that's what I got, no movie, just the file. So today I decided to try SupermanII. I ripped it as a backup. Open 'ifoedit' and did some of the stuff and got the file down from 5.51 to 5.21gb.
    I still have the warning that I can't get rid of and a couple of other things. I started out with 37 chapters and now have 40. I tried following the 8 pages on 'ifoedit' from doom9, but page 4 has 'vobid1 in video_ts.vob. I can't find that, so I loaded the whole file and pressed memu extras. I got error messages.
    Please help me.

2. DOT

DOT Guest

Hi Elayne,
    what error messages did you have? All with ifoedit?
    Do you have Nero as alternative burning software?
    I hope I can help you.

3. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

When I go to get 'memu extras', XP says an error and do I want to send it to Microsoft,I
    click no and 'ifoedit' closes. I had ripped one movie and everything worked okay when I got rid of the warnings and stuff. Also when I tried to shrink the movie. When I burned it, I got just folders instead of the movie. After many attempts of burning, I re-ripped and edited, but this time I couldn't get rid of the warnings. I'll have to purchase Nero, I did have a downloaded trial version for awhile, but that has expired.

4. DOT

DOT Guest

Now, on a movie-dvd usually are two folders, one named 'VIDEO_TS' and one named 'AUDIO_TS'. The Folder VIDEO_TS contains the movie. When you explore this folder, you see the .IFOs, the .BUPs, and the .VOBs.
    The VOB-Files are containing parts of the movie, the animated menus, the extras like interviews, deleted scenes and so on. The movie-files are usually a serial of four, five or six 1GB-files. The error messages are not normal; You use XP? I suggest you to use 2K (or an updated version of ifoedit - I think v.0.932 is the latest).
    Make sure, that your burning software uses the UDF/ISO-Filesystem allowing only short filenames, so that a stupid settop can handle the disk.

5. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

Believe it or not, this darn thing started working right. Today I ripped, edited and burned 3 dvds. I wish I could get rid of XP,
    but it is partitioned into the computer and it
    could cause a problem trying to change. This is crazy. Thank you for your help. Hopefully,
    this computer will calm down now. Thanks again.

6. DOT

DOT Guest

Since your computer decided to work with you I hope, this wasn't the last time that you visited this site.
    Good luck by doing more disks using this worst case OS.