1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hook up Xbox 360 to Monitor

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ashley360, Mar 3, 2007.

1. ashley360

ashley360 Member

I have a Dell 19" monitor and am planning on buying a 360 to hook up to it. However, I have had problems looking for the right thing to buy that can hook it up and play sound.
    First, I looked at a VGA Box off of play-asia.com and it seems like itwill work, I just dont understand how the sound will work and if it even WILL work.
    Second, I know that MS makes a VGA HD cable for monitors and I looked into that but it has a red and white plug along with the VGA, and my computer - or sound card- does not have those plugs in the back. My sound card has a green plug and three other colored plugs. I do plug my Dell 5.1 surround sound speakers in the light green plug. So, does anyone know exactly how to hook a 360 up to a monitor and have the sound work? Any help would be soooo appreciated. Thanks guys (and girls like me).

2. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

The sound goes through a sound system. Not your computer. The vga cable goes into the back of your monitor. i have one so I know it works.

3. ashley360

ashley360 Member

Now do you have the VGA box or the VGA HD Cable?

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

the sound does go through your computer, you get an adapter that you plug your red and white audio jacks into and then you plug that into your line in or mic plug on your computer, and just make sure that whatever port you put it in is unmuted and you can hear it through your computer speakers, or you can buy a audio connector and just plug that adapter into and then plug your computer speakers into it as well

5. ashley360

ashley360 Member

Okay im a little bit confused, do you know of any links where I could get this?

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

not sure really, i just learned from experience, i think there may be some instructions with it, lol you working at a game retailer should be on top of these things!!!!

7. Smee342

Smee342 Member

i for one can also confirm that this works ^^

although i havent tried it i will be doing this myself since i have a 22" widscreen monitor and the fact the my tube tv is only 20"

muahhha

SmeeZus

8. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

9. ashley360

ashley360 Member

Thanks so much for the link, I tried looking for one online and had no success. :) thank you.

10. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

that comes with the vga cable

and if you dont want to have to run it into your computer you can get one of these things and just plug that adapter into it and then plug you speakers into it as well
    coupler

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007