1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope someone can help with flash of hitachi 79 to lt.2.01b

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by racerx410, Jan 5, 2012.

1. racerx410

racerx410 Member

Well I made my first attempt to flash my xbox . Let me say thanks to all who have written tutorials on this. I have a hitachi 79 console that was already banned that I just want to try to see if the newer stuff would play. It has 1.51 still on it. I download all the latest files and actually had it to the point I could flash it back to stock and then reload the newer firmware. But I read somewhere if you install the latest dashboard then it would reflash it back to stock anyways first. So I decided to go ahead first and update the dashboard to the latest. Thats where I might have messed up. I did capture my drive keys before hand. Now I cannot get the pc to recognize the drive as a hitachi. Not using via drivers. Windows sees it as a cd drive. JungleFlasher does not recognize it at all. I guess unless the dashboard did this I would like to know how to make this work. Any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated. The drive shows up in jungle flasher as d:\0000000. but at the bottom it says no drive found.I tried putting it in mode b and it looks like it does that because the light starts flashing. I was able to sucessfully unlock it last night with the 79 unlock. is that necessary everytime you try to do something like this. Excuse my ignorance just trying to learn. thanks again

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

first i would suggest that you tick the portio, once the 79 unlock cd has been read it will take about 20-30 seconds for it to show up, dont get nervous just wait it out. try those and let me know what happens, we will try to go on from that.

3. racerx410

racerx410 Member

Well I think I finally was sucessful but it seems that my discs that worked last night before the update do not work now. I had one that at least loaded but it was a kinect game and I did not have the kinect hooked up. Most say unrecognized disk. Any thoughts.