1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hope this makes sense...help w/ RIPPED movie using shrink.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by fishbulb, Jan 17, 2005.

1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

once i have ripped a dvd movie to my hard drive w/ the settings i want to keep and not keep (subtitles, audio, etc.) and compressed it w/ dvd shrink, if i save that FINISHED image to my hard drive also, can i come back to it and burn it any time i want w/out having to compress it again? i've been getting a little confused here lately w/ all the different files on my computer, ISO, MDS, and so on. basically, can i burn that same image over and over from my hard drive w/out putting the dvd back in.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Once You edit and run the dvd through Shrink and back it up to your HD it is compressed and ready to go. So YES you can burn it any time you want later on and as many times as you want as long as you know how and where to put those files into your burning program.

Jerry

3. beltline

beltline Regular member

Once it's burnt onto your hard drive. You can burn it to DVD whenever you chose, and for as many times as you chose (be sure you burning program isn't set to delete when finished). I remember seeing one prominant poster saying that he had 30+ movies saved to his hard drive while awaiting their new dvd burner.

4. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

so once i compress and edit the movie how i like and save that version to my hard drive, when i do save it, all of the options such as compression rate, quality settings, etc. will remain the same and i won't have to reset them to my liking?

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

That is correct.

Jerry

6. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

great! thanx guys.

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

No problem, Have fun with it.

Jerry