1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope you all had a great Christmas

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by john179, Dec 27, 2004.

1. john179

john179 Active member

Just would like to sat merry chrismas to all at AD and i hope your all enjoying the Christmas break.I did try to post Christmas day but could not get on the forum for some reason.

Any how all the best for the New year Guys.

John179

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

same to you, reason not able get on as server was slow as hell some times

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Santa was good to me this year despite the 2 feet of snow we got. Best holiday wishes to you all.

I must've been lucky, because I was on here Christmas day. It was a bit slow though.

4. john179

john179 Active member

Yeh i'm still getting problems when i come to AD i don't know what it is.The server seems a little slow and some pages won't open.It must be coz everyone is off work and using.

5. ddp

it's slow but not all the time

6. john179

john179 Active member

Yeh just tried it again editing your profile is still all over the place for me like.

7. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I wish I would have gotten 2 feet of snow for Christmas. I remember it snowed once in LA like 15 years ago on Christmas...it was pretty amazing. But there wasn't even enough to make a snowman.

Yeah, the forums tend to be really slow right now. I know that our beloved aD admins are planning to add 5 new servers in January.

Merry Christmas everyone, and happy ~drunken~ new year!!!

8. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Let's see, 5 hours to dig out the driveway, 2 hours to go back and dig my car out of the parking lot from work, and one very sore back. Santa should of brought me a 4x4 truck, but what I got was good enough. Oh yeah, forgot the hour to get my car unstuck from the walmart parking lot.

9. ddp

got close to a foot on thursday never mind the blown snow plus 2+ hours digging out the driveway & hobbling around the next day sore all over

10. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah I know the snow can be a pain in the ass. I lived in Ontario, Canada with a friend of mine for two months last winter. I never want to go back...WAY too cold. Plus I got tired of just drinking beer and watching hockey. j/k. No I would just like to have a white chrismas for once, thats all. I'm glas I don't live in the snow. Being 3 hours away is close enough for me. :)

11. ddp

i live in ontario canada just south of barrie along lake simcoe

12. djscoop

djscoop Active member

no kidding! my friend lives in barrie! thats crazy! she goes to school down in niagara falls. ontario is beatiful, especially seeing the falls. just a little too cold for me

13. ddp

what school did she goto in barrie if she did as i was at barrie north colliagate

14. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I'm not sure what school she went to, she's only lived in barrie with her mom for a few years. She lived in Bradford before that. But she goes to a junior college down in Niagara Falls now.

15. ddp

bradford is 18 kicks south of me on hwy11

16. djscoop

djscoop Active member

cool. I went there also a few years ago, when I was 19, and was pretty stoked cause I could drink. I still think its so funny how you guys only have "The Beer Store," No corner liquor stores or anything like that. And how your packs of cigs have lung cancer on them to remind us how lovely smoking is. I think when I was there it was like 3 degrees or something like that...never been so cold. I actually got sick in Niagara falls from going inside warm shops and back out in the cold over and over. I felt so out of place. I was bundled up, looking like I was ready to go snowboarding, and everyone else is walking around in regular blue jeans and shoes like its no big deal. lol. fun times though.

17. kinza

kinza Regular member

yeah i had the same, except the fact that the power was out for three days and had to go to stay at hotel. oh well, at least i don't celebrate christmas so no emotional loss.

18. ddp

djscoop, we have a local corner store selling beer & the hard stuff here in lefroy, maybe 500ft east of me

19. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I just remember everytime we had to get beer, the only place was "The Beer Store", and they rolled it out down a ramp and everything. It was pretty cool. That Labatt Blue was pretty good too.