1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopefully someone out there can help

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by nlhill, Feb 15, 2007.

1. nlhill

nlhill Member

I have a mac mini. It has an internal dvd rw cd rw and when I go to burn a cd on an Imation cd r it gives me this error ... sense key=medium error.. I changed my burn speed to 24x instead of "best" and that still happened. Does anyone have any ideas? I was talked into getting a mac by a friend who told me that they don't have hardly any problems. .. This doesn't look good.

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

what software are you using to burn disks

here is why toast 7 you need version 7.1.5 which is the universal binary for the mac mini

if you are using disk utility clean your drive with a dvd drive cleaner

if using dragon burn dont contains many problems

here is my recommendation go online and download patchburn what patcchburn will do is reinstall a more stable driver for your cd drive and fix issues in itunes once you have tried this try a dvd movie if it doesn't work your in trouble

if the mac mini is still under the limited warrenty take it to apple macintosh store and llet them fix it

3. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

Get differant CDs. The error is from bad or incompatible Media (cd/dvd) Try TDK or higer qualtiy media